Chapter 35

Caelum's P.O.V

"Explain to me what happened again." I had heard Lily the first time she said she fell and some strange 'doctor' came up to help her, but I wanted to make sure I knew who it was before I started swinging my fist.

"I already told you Cae. I fell, the guy came up and tried to 'help' me."

"He got a name?"

"Theodore."

"I think me and him need to have a little talk." I stood up and felt Lily grab my arm. I looked down at her and she frowned.

"Don't Cae."

"What do you mean don't? I don't trust or like him."

"What if he was a real doctor trying to help?"

"I don't care if he would have cured you from every fucking disease in your body, he does not touch my wife without permission."

"Will you calm down?"

I took a deep breath and thought about Caily. She was the only reason I restrained my anger these days. I thought about her cute chubby face and grey eyes and I forgot what I was angry about.

"I'm sorry, I just wanna talk to him."

Lily folded her arms with a smug look.

"You and I both know that's not true."

"Can I talk to him or not?"

"You can do whatever you want to, but I'm not bailing you out of jail."

"Fine."

I kissed Lily's cheeked and grabbed my jacket before heading outside. Winter was coming and the temperature was dropping. I got in my truck and turned the heat on.

Even though I wasn't convinced he was a doctor, I thought checking the hospital would be my best bet.

I pulled into the small county hospital and parked before walking inside.

"Caelum?" I heard someone called. I turned to see Becky. Becky was a good friend of the family that kept me sometimes when I was little.

"Becky?"

We hugged and she pulled back to look at me.

"My gosh Caelum, you're not a little boy anymore are you?"

"No ma'am."

"I mean, look at ya. How you been?"

"I've been good. Got married, had a baby."

"And you didn't invite me?" Becky hit my shoulder playfully and I pulled out a picture of Caily from my wallet.

"She's beautiful Caelum. Has your eyes and nose."

"Thank you."

"So what brings you out here?"

"I was lookin for a Theodore."

"Theodore Boone, he started working here a few days ago."

"He's a doctor?"

"An OB/GYN."

"Figures. You wouldn't mind if I talked to him would you?"

"Of course not. Fifth floor, first door to the right."

I hugged Becky again and walked towards the elevators. I clicked the button impatiently and felt my temper rise as soon as I stepped in.

He probably worked with women all day so he could be a pervert. Probably slipped stuff into them while they wait to get checked on and take advantage of them. Sicko.

The doors opened and I walked slowly along the corridor. I found the door and knocked hardly.

"Come in." Came the voice on the other side. I pushed the door open and folded my arms.

"You're not a woman." He chuckled.

"Ha." I said dryly.

"What can I help you with today sir?"

"My wife fell yesterday morning. She says you came to 'help' her."

"I think I remember something like that."

"I don't like it when people try to 'help' my wife."

"I don't think I understand."

"Stay in your damn place and don't touch my wife."

"I was trying to help her."

I walked closer to his desk.

"Like you help all your patients? Little girls and grown women? What kind of help do you give out?"

"Are you saying I would-"

"Call me a liar."

"I would never."

"Ha. I don't believe that." I turned around to leave.

"I would never do that because I'm gay." He yelled after me.

I turned back around to face him.

"What?"

"That's why I'm here. My family kick me out once they knew I was dating a guy. I was on my own, I didn't have anybody and nobody gave a damn about me. I come here to help, to be a doctor, and I get accused of trying to rape my patients!"

I was to stunned and confused to make a direct response.

"I-I-I'm sorry."

"Whatever. Just go."

"Look man-"

"Go!"

I turned on my heels and hurried out of the room. Besides the feeling of deep heart I felt in my chest for accusing him of something like that I had a feeling Lily wouldn't be too happy about my actions.