Chapter 8

Lily's P.O.V

"Don't make me go Am, he's a jerk."

"He's not that bad."

"He wanted to hit me." I reminded. I held my bags tightly in my hands, begging Amber not to make me leave.

Caelum walked into the room and stood a few inches away from me and Amber.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Bye Lily." Amber yelled out before I could respond. I gave her a death glare and she just smiled.

I picked up my bags and walked past Caelum and out of the door.

"This one's mine." He said opening a Red Dodge truck. I climbed into the passenger seat and laid back on the leather. After he waved goodbye to Amber and her family, Caelum got in the front seat and started the car.

"I-" Caelum started half-way down the road. I looked at him and he seemed to just shake the sentence off. "I-" He started again.

"Will you just say it damnit!"

"I'm sorry!" He yelled back and then soften his hard face. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at me. "I'm sorry, I was rude and it was uncalled for. I would hate to be the reason you like Dohage."

He... apologized. I had to be dreaming, I even pinched myself a little. Nope, still awake.

"Let me get this straight, you're apologizing? To me?"

"It's the southern gentleman thing to do." He nodded and shifted his hands on the steering wheel. He did it as if he was completely uncomfortable in this situation. "Are you still leaving tomorrow?"

"Maybe after a good night's sleep, a nice shower, and a big breakfast.... I'll consider staying."

He smiled and his face had never looked more perfect.

"I'll see what I can do about the bed and breakfast. I'm not that good of a cook though."

"I can cook my own food."

"What kind of gentleman would I be if I let you do that?"

"What kind of gentleman would you be if you let me eat crap in the morning?"

"Touché." He smiled lightly and continued on the long, dark road. I glanced at his built body a few times. I couldn't imagine the temptation I would face staying here.

___________

I must have dozed off because, I felt Caelum rocking my arm gently.

"Wake up sleepy head."

I looked up for a few seconds before rolling over and slapping away his hand.

"C'mon, you can't sleep in the car."

"I can and I will, leave me I'm tired."

He scooped his hands under my thighs and places my head in the crook of his arms. He closed the door with his foot and started for the house. I wanted to tell him to put me down, but I was exhausted and nuzzled gently against his chest.

I heard the door groan up and him flip a light switch. The stairs groaned as we walked up them and finally I felt myself hit a soft bed.

"Goodnight sleepy head." Caelum whispered before flipping the light switch and closing the door.

The pillow and blankets felt so good, I slipped into a nearly unconscious sleep.