Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Hey." I greet softly as I take a seat in the black Mustang, placing my bag by my feet.

I turn to face him after I've put my seatbelt on, my eyes widening in surprise when his hand curls around the back of my neck and pulls me forward, planting his lips on mine. A muffled sound of surprise escapes me at the sudden action, but it doesn't take long for me to melt in his hold.

"Why do you have a male's scent all over you?" Kaden growls deeply, backing away but not letting go of my neck.

I chuckle nervously, rolling my eyes as I pull away, making his hand fall to his side. "Because both male and female students attend university."

I mentally groan at what was supposed to be a confident statement comes out as a question, in a very high-pitched voice. I can already see that Kaden's wolf is present, hearing that his mate was around the man he dislikes isn't going to help the situation one bit.

"Luna..." He growls warningly, driving out of the neighbourhood.

"Nice weather today, isn't it?" I chirp, deliberately avoiding his warning as I stare out the window.

"Fucking peachy." He snarls, knuckles turning white as snow as his grip tightens on the steering wheel. "You were with that preppy boy, weren't you?"

"Logan didn't even go to a prep school!" I argue, staring at him in shock and slight frustration.

"Oh! So, you two are that close that you know which school he went to?" He counters, arching a brow as he drives.

"Kaden..." I murmur pleadingly, taking his hand and intertwining it with mine.

He's quiet for a few seconds, slowing the car to a gentle stop at a red light. Resting his head against the seat, he pinches the bridge of his nose before nodding. When he looks at me, I see his irises shifting from blue to black uncontrollably.

And then, with one angry growl, his eyes are that perfect icy blue I adore.

"I'm sorry." He sighs, leaning over to peck my cheek. "It's a bit hard to control myself and Ajax when there's a full moon."

"Ajax?"

"My wolf's name." He explains, accelerating when the light turns green.

"I like it." I grin, hearing him chuckle.

We reach the house in no time and I hop out of the car, my hair blowing everywhere when Kaden decides to use his abilities to pick me up and speed into the house. I laugh lightly as he places me on the bed, taking my bag from him.

I cross my legs and take out my laptop, wanting to finish at least one report by tonight. As I begin typing, Kaden sits behind me, his legs on either side of my body. He sweeps my hair to one side before resting his chin on my shoulder, his arms winding around my stomach to pull me closer against his chest.

"Aren't wolves supposed to go all crazy on a full moon?" I ask, hearing him inhale my scent deeply.

He chuckles huskily, pulling the neckline of my top slightly to press a gentle kiss to my skin. I shiver, biting my lip hard to suppress a moan. "That's a slight exaggeration humans have made. Unless we have our mates to calm us down, we just let our beasts take over to hunt and go on runs."

"Can I see your wolf?" I ask excitedly, curious to see the beast that resides within his mind.

He stiffens slightly, pulling away which makes me frown. I turn my head to look up at him, catching hesitation in his eyes. He notices my stare, the hard look he was sporting melting into a softer one immediately.