Chapter 16

By the time school ends, Chase already waited for me at my locker. He smirk once he saw my face in horror. "You're not serious when you ask me to tutor you.... Right?" I asked him slowly. He rolled his eyes, "I'm serious sunshine."

"Now let's go" he exclaimed as he took hold of my arms and drag me away. His hold send tingles down my arm and my face burn in embarrassment when people stare between us in shocked. The girls send me a glare but a look of longing towards Chase. I snort at them.

"What is it with you and snorting and rolling eyes?" Chase asked me curiously. I shrug, "It becomes a habit of mine ever since I met three musketeers."

He shook his head and continue dragging me towards his car. When his car is in view, I saw the queen bee of the school leaning against his car, Jessalyn Bryn. Chase groaned, "Jess leave"

Jessalyn had a pretty brown hair and Brown eyes. She had curve in all the right places. She's not your typical queen bee. Her makeup is not caked, she's didn't go for plastic surgery, she's born just the way she is. She look up and look between Chase and I. Then her eyes settle on his hand that still held my arm. "We need to talk Jackson" she spat.

Chase scoff, "Yeah but not today. I have to study and catch up on my math Bryn"

She laugh and point at Chase, "You? Study? God is the world gonna end or something" she said as she look up at the sky. She turn her gaze at me, "What's your name?"

I open my mouth to answer but Chase beat me to it, "It's none of your business. Leave" he said with authority. Jess just rolled her eyes and walk. When she walk past me she whispers, "Be careful with him. He's a handful" And with that she winks and walk away to her minion. Don't get me wrong, Jessalyn is a nice girl. She don't go around hating and bully people for no reason. She's the only cheerleader who is not a bitch. I smile.

"Why are you smiling?" I heard Chase said and I snap out of my thought. I shake my head in response and got in his car.

When he parked the car at his driveway, I look at his house in awe. He didn't live in a mansion like I thought he is. He live at a very cozy beach house. I got out the car and look around his neighborhood. "You expect a mansion didn't you?" Chase ask as he smirk. He lead me to his porch and i could hear the beach crashing the shore and the smell of beach. It give me a calm and homie feeling. "Mum I'm home!" Chase yelled as we got in the house. "I'm in the kitchen sweetie." I heard a delicate woman's voice shouted back. Soon a woman appeared and she had Brown eyes, just like Chase's eyes. She had long curly wavy hair which is in a ponytail. She's wearing her flower apron and she had a surprised look when her eyes landed on me.

"I didn't know you gonna brought home, a friend" she said as she stare at curiously. Chase rolled his eyes, "Mum this is Amery. She's gonna help me in my studies"

Her eyes light up when she heard that. "Its about time you bring back a girl not only with looks but also brain" she exclaim as she sigh in happiness. "I'm Chase's mum. You can call me Anna" she said as she extant her hand towards me. I shook her hand and give a small smile. "Oh she's shy! Oh you should keep this one Chase" She said as her eyes glint with joy. Chase somehow choke on his own saliva and he had to clear his throat several times.

"If you don't mind. We gonna go study now" he said nervously as he lead me away from her. I turn to her and saw her giving me a thumbs up and wink at me. I blushed furiously and follow Chase quietly.

We studied for few hours when Chase groaned and announced that he gonna take a break. So both if us laying down on his bed playing our own phone when Chase's mum called for him. We got downstairs together. "Danielle!" Chase yelled, surprising me a little with his sudden outburst. He ran towards the girl with red hair and brown eyes, he hug her tight and she return the hug as well. I felt my stomach twisted and my chest tightened. What the hell is going on? You're jealous, A voice in my head sang.