II. / COULD

t w o  d a y s  l a t e r  | 11 : 11 PM  |  こぶり

t w o  d a y s  l a t e r | 11 : 11 PM | こぶり . . .

THIS EVENING'S NEWS REPORT. despite the much-welcomed arrival of spring, forecasters predict an unusual amount of rainfall within the coming weeks. thus, it is encouraged for citizens to be prepared for abnormal weather patterns as temperatures plummet to just under 20 degrees. thi- ❞ 

AS THE gentle drizzle shrouded the streets of busan in a layer of damp blue, jungkook was met with the same flickering static screen. it was yet another day and another night of disinterest. lightly sweeping back his tousled bangs in frustration, he let out a heavy yawn before carelessly tossing the television remote atop the other end of the sofa.

recollecting his thoughts with not much success, he sauntered towards the front of his distinctively dull apartment, and peered out of his water speckled window; only for his weariness to be comforted by the soft pitter-patter of the droplets. 

"it's raining again." jungkook mumbled silently to himself, feeling the sudden urge to be embraced by the downpour.

quite contradictory to his bland personality, jungkook held immense love for the rain. he adored the way water would pour down in soft cascades, the vibrant image of a summer storm and liked how the very sound could create a sense of silence without loneliness. it was very much a quietness he enjoyed without reason. hence, giving into his impulsive desire without even the slightest of hesitation, he readily slipped into his worn out timberlakes — strolling out of his apartment for the second time that week. 

with nothing but the patchy drizzle and the sharp, north-easterly wind to accompany him, it was another damp evening in which the sky was lit with the silver tint of stardust. one step, two steps, three steps; jungkook found himself pacing aimlessly around his neighbourhood engulfed in the sound of the downpour. his mind's sense of ease only to be disrupted by the wild laughter of a group of young boys each sprinting under umbrellas; their cheery giggles reminiscent of six warm smiles that once lit jungkook's gloomy days with glee. walking amongst myriad puddles, his beady eyes glancing every second or two at their content faces, jungkook could not help but feel oddly jealous. a jealously not induced by appearances or superficial reason but instead, a feeling of nostalgic longing.

"i wonder what those idiots are doing these days." he chuckled under his breath, treading along the stony edges of his neighbourhood's renowned east arch bridge. sixty three steps, sixty four steps, sixty five steps; his consistent, steady pace faltering to a stop as he took a quick glimpse at his wristwatch, nose wrinkling at the wet touch of the rain.

11:11