thirty five➵ nefarious negotiations

make sure to vote and comment! xoxo

"Sometimes a deal with the devil is better than no deal at all."

- Lawrence Hill, Someone Knows My Name

Jack's POV

Utterly confused and not even knowing where to start asking questions, I only focus on what is happening right now which is Sao Feng shoving me away from him and his blade from my exposed neck. Will looks at me, a sheepish and downright guilty looking expression on his face. He knew. I feel like lunging for the filthy whelp but when I notice Gibbs and the rest of my men sharing the same face is when I relax.

"Ah! How could you let her escape?" Sao Feng shouts, throwing his hands up in the air as his men bustle around, trying to get a longboat out into the ocean in order to retrieve Evie. She's long gone by now, there's no way they're getting to her which, I suppose, is a good thing.

"How was I supposed to know she would jump off the ship?" I hear one of the men exclaim and I can't help but chuckle. She sure does know how to make an exit. Will and Elizabeth are sharing a knowing look and I can't help but remember what Sao Feng shouted out to Evie as she floundered away. Little does he know, the real Calypso is still on this ship.

"You," Sao Feng shoots a glare at me, and I sheepishly grin, trying to saunter away from his large men who are very fast approaching.

"I need to focus on my love turning into a fish, not trying to survive a visit with an old friend," I try but Sao Feng ushers me away, the men practically carrying me to the man who continues to try to destroy my life.

----

As they shut the door behind me, I can't take my eyes off of the very short man looking out the window in front of me. All I can see when I look at him is the scar tainting my beautiful Evelyn's face. Clenching and unclenching my fists, I take one step into the room, trying to remain quiet, but he already knows I'm here.

"Remarkable. The last I saw of that ship, she was on fire. A blackened hulk sinking beneath the waves. We had a deal, Jack. I contracted you to deliver cargo on my behalf and you chose to liberate it." As he says this, I begin going through everything in this room, searching for the one thing that will give me any sort of leverage in this entire battle.

"People aren't cargo, mate," I note, remembering that time in my life all too well. Freedom is all that matters in this world, and I'd be damned if I was ever the one to take that from someone.

"And you incurred a heavy debt to raise her up again, didn't you?" He ignores what I said completely as I continue to rifle through his things. "It's not here, Jack," He says, finally turning to face me. I set down one of the lids as I turn to his conniving, horrible little face.

"What? What isn't?" I question, feigning confusion.

"The heart of Davy Jones. It's safely aboard the Dutchman and so unavailable for use as leverage to satisfy your debt to the good Captain." He smirks at me.

"By my reckoning, that account has been settled," I saunter around the room, not trying to get too close to him.

"By your death? And yet, here you are," He grumbles, clearly unsettled by me.

"Close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream...that's how I get by," Shrugging my shoulders, I try to get closer to the window, watching the sea.

"Your good deed cost me, Jack," Beckett brings up the old again and I just roll my eyes, glad he has yet to mention Evie yet.

"And you have spared me any possibility of becoming of ending up as anything other than what I am. And for that...I truly thank you," I stall, continuing to saunter around the room and playing with his things.