two➵ commandeering

"I do not believe in using women in combat, because females are too fierce."

- Margaret Mead

Evelyn's POV

As we creep along the streets of Port Royal, trying not to draw any attention to the man who was just sprung out of jail, we somehow make it to the shore, staring over at a huge ship.

"What now?" I ask impatiently, whipping my head back and forth, making sure no one is following us.

"We're going to steal a ship...that ship?" Will points to the huge ship I was just staring after and Jack scoffs, looking back at the two of us.

"Commandeer. We're going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term. One question about your business, boy, or there's no use going. This girl – how far are you willing to go to save her?" He questions and I'm also wondering this.

"I'd die for her." He states confidently. Jack and I share a glance and both smirk at each other.

"There's no problem then." I remark, and I can tell that probably is making his legs shake.

When Jack spots a different ship that is closer he devises a plan to travel underneath a canoe to get to the ship and then climb up the backside. This idea doesn't sit quite well with me.

"Um, I think I'll take a different route if you don't mind. I'll meet you on the ship," I quickly decide and they look taken aback but I don't give them a chance to respond when I make my way over to the dock, climbing on quietly.

Looking over to Jack and Will, they're still staring at me and I usher them to keep going and do whatever they're planning on doing to get onto the ship. Waiting for the opportune moment - when the guards aren't faced this way - I silently creep behind them using my gun and knock the two of them out. They fall to the ground without a sound, just as planned. So far, so good.

I continue on, moving closer to the ship, watching the guards in front of me. There's a bunch of men on the ship but I'll wait for Jack and Will to get here to help take them out. Suddenly, I feel an arm wrap around my waist from behind, tugging me into them and I stifle a scream, instantly pulling out my sword.

I'm out of their grasp in a second and I whip around to see a guard with a smirk on his face as he inches closer.

"What is a fine lady such as yourself doing out here by these ships? And by herself?" The disgusting man tries his hand at flirting but he doesn't get far when I bring my sword out, lunging at him but his sword catches mine. Instantly, we're fighting, the clanging of our swords is all I hear for a moment until I manage to get below him and kick his stomach - resulting in him flying off the deck.

Turning around, I make my way toward the other guards who have now taken notice of me and are rushing this way. Standing my ground, two guards come at me at once and I back up, allowing this to be a triangle. One guy comes flying at me and I stop him, blocking myself and the other tries to get me in the stomach but I quickly end that maneuver.

I didn't know I was so good at sword fighting until now, my feet move masterfully underneath me and my reaction times are right on time and perfect. When the first guy turns his back to get more men, I kick him down, he tumbles off the deck as well. At this, the second guard almost hits me from up above so I duck, swiveling around so I'm farther away from him now.

He tries to get me again, this time going lower but I anticipate and block it, spinning away from the sword. The bloke almost stabs me this time when I don't anticipate a blow to my left and just as I'm about to finish this battle, an unfamiliar sword appears behind the guy, shoving him off the deck.