Chapter 27: Fate Works against me, I Swear!

CHAPTER 27:
FATE WORKS AGAINST ME, I SWEAR!

You have overcome many shits to get to this point, Kaley Evansville... Blackburn... Tylers! Fuck!

I groaned as I hit the mirror in front of me. So much for motivating myself, I failed right after my name.

I stared at my own reflection in the mirror and frowned. Why am I even doing this? Ah, right, getting laid with Blake. I successfully got rid of Nikolas and Vincent (no, they are actually staying with us in the same house thanks to their stubbornness, but me and Blake are still going to do it) and no, I wasn't ashamed of it. He's my husband... was... will be... Fucking Ethan, it's all his fault I can't settle for any timeline now! Anyway, I did this many times with Blake and let's be honest here, I'm going to do it many times in the future as well, so might as well get started with it right now. Wait, why the hell am I even preparing myself right now when I realize all that?! What the actual hell?

"The hell with this!" I gave up on it as I went through my things and found a body spray with the fragrance of peaches. They say that exotic fruits are good aphro-

"What the hell, why do I need this?!" I grounded myself as I randomly sprayed it over my body and threw it back in my bag and took another glance at myself in the mirror.

We came back around two hours ago and most of it was spent on catching up with others and Ayden. I realized that nothing really seemed alien as I feared before my sudden burst of inspiration. I honestly felt like one of those xianxia protagonists who got enlightened at crucial point and now I feel immortal, like I could even solo a dungeon in RPG game.

Now I don't know how good Vincent and Nikolas are, but they wanted to take care of Chris tonight so I reluctantly left him to them, and all preparations have been executed.

I just finished taking a bath, shaved everything shaveable and put on some silk sleeping dress; now, I've no idea why Blake had one, but I didn't ask nor bother to suspect him because of my resolution to get thing done tonight - and who knows, maybe he bought one in advance knowing that I'm coming back.

A. N. Y. W. A. Y!

Satisfied, I finally left the bathroom and headed for Blake's room - good think nothing changed about this mansion. I did blush once or twice at the thought of doing the deed with Blake, honestly, but the more I thought of it, the more natural and normal it seemed, so I didn't put much emphasis on what's about to happen.

Hmm, for someone not bothering about it, I sure do think a lot of it, don't I?

Ah, sometimes I have a feeling that I have a schizophrenia with how random my thoughts are...

Entering his room, with 0 enthusiasm, I walked straight to his bed, or should I say "our" and simply threw myself inside. Blake was doing something on the laptop, and only raised his eyebrow as he saw my state before chuckling.

"Rough day, huh?"

"It's all your fault... no, actually it's mine. I'm over-thinking stuff," Ah, improvement. I no longer blame others for my own stuff.

This is good. It's liberating.

"Ah, but if feels good, though," I've no idea if he can understand me when even I myself am barely able to do so, but I just blurted those words out.

"What? Overthinking or blaming yourself?"

"Not blaming, admitting my mistakes."

"..."

"..."

"You know, you're probably the first human scorning yourself for thinking."

"OVER-thinking, why aren't you listening me?" I groaned as I rolled myself closer to him. So much for planning at stuff, we are pretty normal right now. Was all that anticipation and worry worth a fart in the eyes of fate?