Chapter 19: Being one of us is...

So, whenever I check my books, I simply cannot fail to be fascinated by the flaws of my old writings and the difference in grammar I use in my A/N's and actual chapters. The reason why I'm spamming you is because my boss (well, I'm more like helping from shadows) that works on making a game (who also is an awesome freaking interior designer and great scenarist) told me about an idea for book and I'm surprisingly motivated to write.

He's a Sith Lord, in some sense. Anyway, I'd apologize for not writing in a while, but who am I kidding, whenever I do that, I end up not writing for even bigger period. Yes, I'm okay, depression is still there, but less than in previous few months, I'm healthy, more or less, I have a problem larynx, like I always had, so - nothing new. No, nothing when it comes to life, still a virgin, and yes, I really am spamming you with updated from now on.

Spam 3/?? - Here it comes.

Enjoy
________________________

Kaley's POV

Who's the dude that's picking a fight with me?

Were precisely the type of thoughts running through my head as I stared at the person Nikolas claimed to be my father who was only giving me the exact copy of a stare like I was some alien.

"I colored it," was my blunt reply as he only frowned. What was on his mind? I glanced at Nikolas who only sighed as if he realized something really important.

"From blonde to black, not the opposite?" Why would I even need to make it blond?

"Why would I?"

"Well, why wouldn't you?"

"Why should I make it blonde? I changed the colour of my hair because I had to," I threw back. Is he for real? Are blonde people a thing now?

"Well why did you have to do it? Wouldn't it make more sense to appear as blonde in front of me?"

"Huh?", is he seriously for real now, "Why would I need to appear as a blonde before you, anyway. I didn't even know you existed until now," if Nik said that he's my father, he probably is. Maybe I was adopted with them as well?

"Well, why..." just as he was about to reply, Nikolas chose to interrupt us.

"Actually, we may need to sit to get down with this, it's quite a long story and you don't really want to continue this conversation without knowing both sides of your story," he said to what that man, Vincent huffed... Yes, like a child, before he moved to the place far from people that had four armchairs, two at side, and a glass table in between.

"Forgive him, please," Nik told me, "He's been looking for you for years now, and the number of impostors he had dealt with made him suspicious of everything. He is truly a good man at heart... Well, if you are on his good side. He has flaws. Tons. But he's good," he somehow seemed unsure of his last words as I could only sigh in understanding. Now I knew why he asked the whole deal with blonde hair.

Our arrangement was the one of a guilty woman being out in front of jury and her attorney by her side. Nik and I were sitting across him who would only glance between the two of us and every time he was about to ask a question, he'd shut his lips and look like he was looking for a better approach. Are we doing this or what?

"So," after what seemed like hours, he finally spoke, "How did you two meet?"

We glanced between ourself, Grey. It was all Grey's fault.