50 ━ puppy love | thor

hey y'all i watched infinity war, no spoilers i'm just really emotional. anyways ! this is just a bunch of fluff && love. because i liked thor a lot better after ragnarok && i need fluff rn
prompt; "You make an adorable puppy."
word count; 1050
warnings; a little cute ? also thor is barely in it oops

          Living in Asgard had its perks, but your favorite was the beautiful view that your balcony gave you of the city and the mountains. Every morning, you loved to stare out for so long that Thor would have to pull you away to eat breakfast with him. He didn't quite understand why you sat every single day to look at the city, because it was the same view for the months you'd been living in Asgard.

But today you walked straight past the large window view, quickly slipping on a simple dress and your shoes and trying to arrange your hair to make it look like it hadn't been in a knotted mess. You paused to check your reflection in the long mirror hanging near your bed. You decided that you didn't look too bad, so you pulled open the door to the hall, nearly bumping into Loki as you did so.

"Oh! Sorry, Loki. I was just on my way," you apologized as the man raised his eyebrow and allowed himself a smile.

"Well, let's get on with it, shall we?" Loki pretended to be irritated with you, but you knew he loved you deep down in his heart. The two of you followed the familiar path to a room where Loki taught you how to control your magic. It was a part of you that you discovered less than a year ago and was one reason why you were on Asgard to begin with. Loki was the only one who had any experience in magic, so he was obliged to teach you at least the basics of your powers.

          The room you used was in the basement of the palace, perfect in case you messed up while practicing some incantations. The first time you had accidentally mispronounced a spell, a red headed knight-in-training was throwing up slugs for a few days, until Loki could figure out how to reverse it.

          "Today," Loki said, adopting a stern tone that he always used while teaching, "I'm going to teach you how to transform into an animal. Any one you like."

You wanted to say something to match his sofisticated tone, but the first thing you blurted out was, "Sweet."

Loki looked mildly amused as he slowly repeated the incantation and suddenly he was a long, dark green snake. Another moment later and the man was standing in front of you. He smiled and took a deep and exaggerated bow. You clapped slowly to humor his child-like behavior.

"It's quite easy, just envision the creature you want to transform into while repeating the spell." You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"How do I transform back? Isn't it hard to do that if I'm an animal?"

Loki shook his head, "You just have to think about being human again. It's easier to turn back into your natural state than it is to force yourself into a different creature. Magic works in a balance."

The prince extended his arm out in your general direction. "Now it's your turn to try."

You sighed and closed your eyes, thinking of a golden retriever puppy, mostly because you used to have one as a pet when you were younger but also because that type of puppy reminded you of Thor. You repeated the incantation clearly and waited for something to happen. After a few seconds with no change in your form, you looked at Loki questioningly. But he seemed just as confused.

"What animal did you think of?"

"A — uh, golden retriever puppy?" You said slowly.

"And you were focusing on turning into it? You didn't think of anyone else?" When the words left his mouth, you froze. He questioned you more desperately, "(y/n), did you think of anyone else?"

"I didn't think it mattered," you said weakly, but at his firm stare you answered him, "but I was thinking that Thor reminded me of a golden retriever."

Loki paled slightly and grabbed your arm, teleporting the both of you to Thor's bedroom door. He knocked on it quickly, calling for Thor to answer. You could have sworn you heard something scratching at the door, and Loki must have heard it to because he sighed impatiently and opened the door. Loki glanced around at the room, moving to take a step inside until you placed a hand on his chest. A small puppy was sitting in the spot right in front of him.

          "Do you think that's Thor?" You asked the man. The puppy let out a tiny yip, making your heart melt a little bit.

          Loki rolled his eyes. "No, I think my brother decided to go to Midgard and get you a puppy, directly after your incantation fail."

          "Well," you said, stopping to pick up puppy Thor, "obviously it didn't fail."

The puppy licked your nose several times before nuzzling his face into your neck, settling in comfortably. You laughed and turned to Loki, who watched you with amusement.

"Can we keep him like this?" You glanced at the puppy, who was looking at you with sparkling blue eyes, "You make an adorable puppy. I love you."

Loki sighed at your interaction with the little creature. "(y/n), you do know we have to turn him back, right?"

You pouted, still playing with the puppy's little paws, "Fine, but I want a puppy."

Loki grabbed the puppy from your hands gently. He muttered a few words and quickly placed the growing puppy onto the floor. The puppy was shifting and changing back into Thor before your eyes. The Asgardian looked up, glancing up at the two of you, confused as to why he had been a puppy.

You patted his head. "Thor, we need to get a puppy."

Loki brushed invisible dust off his shoulders. "I second that, but we need to get a cat with it."

You gave him a half five, though he returned it reluctantly. "That is the first smart thing you've ever said."