48 ━ sucker punch | clint

prompt; "Bibbity bobbity back the FUCK up."
warning; language, shitty author, important a/n at the end plz read. i'm a terrible person
word count; 850

          Come with us to the bar, your friend said, it'll be fun to loosen up, he claimed.

         Well fuck him. Not even twenty minutes in and he ditched you ("I swear, he's calling me to dance!"). You claimed a seat at the bar, jotting down story ideas and other random pieces of work. It was only eleven and, knowing your friend, he'd be here for hours.

          As you were writing in depth of a platonic relationship between two of your characters, a man slid into the seat next to you. He brushed his blond hair out of his eyes and ordered a beer.

          You ignored him as best as you could, instead delving into an AU you had stumbled into. Unfortunately, he either wasn't aware of your focused demeanor or he choose to talk to you anyways.

"Do you know what's on the menu?"

"I—" you didn't get to finish what you were saying, as he cut you off, grinning.

"Me an' you." His grin was so wide and his ego so inflated.

         You groaned and turned to your work, but he was a never-ending spiral of idiocy. Great.

"Have you been sitting in sugar? Because you have a sweet ass."

          You clenched your fist tightly, restraining yourself from knocking his lights out. You deduced that he was either a complete buffoon or just really persistent. You were leaning towards the former.

          He quirked an eyebrow and leaned closer in towards you, "I think I may be Cinderella, cuz bibbity bibbity do me please."

           You narrowed your eyes, not only was he still going on, his puns were fucking bad. If you weren't so annoyed, you'd have offered to give him lessons.

"How about you bibbity bobbity back the FUCK up." You growl at him, fist clenched tightly if you needed to throw a punch or two. He grinned and oh my god all you wanted to do was slap a bitch.

"Fiesty—I like that, tiger" He brought his face so close to yours. That was it. You smiled sweetly before swinging your fist to make direct contact with his ego inflated head. He grunted and clutched his now bleeding nose.

          A dark haired man, whom you assumed to be his friend, grabbed his arm and lead him away, laughing at his current condition.

"C'mon, Legolas. Let's see if we can't get you some ice for your burnt ego."

          You had no idea what to do. So you turned back to your work. And wrote.

"Hey, listen, I never caught your name."

          You stiffled an angry hiss when you saw the man who was hitting on you earlier.

"And you never will, elf."

          He raised his hands in defense. "Look it wasn't my fault. A friend dared me to hit on the girl nearest to me, which happened to be you. I'm never one to back down from a dare, especially from her."

          You furrowed your brow, thinking of how plausible that might be. Finally, after a few minutes you shrugged.

"Sorry about your face. If there's anything I can do. . ."

         You winced at how wrong that sounded. You fiddled with the edge of your notebook.

          He smiled at you—a genuine smiled, "Maybe if you ate, er, breakfast with me? My name's Clint, by the way."

           You gave him a weary smile, "I guess that's fine. (y/n) (l/n)."

          His eyes fell to the open page in your book.

"And maybe you can tell be all the tales of Ferdinand Lebaum?"

           You grinned at him shyly, "Sure, elf."

im so sorry you guys, first of all. this is extremely late and ive been mia for a while now. but i have been editing this book a lot. like i literally rewrote some chapters but it doesn't come up in the notification? so i just want to tell you guys that if you want to read through it you could? there's only one more chapter i need to edit but other than that im v proud of my progress as an author.

the second thing i wanted to say was holy shit this book has 100k views? That's a huge thing i wasn't even expecting thank you guys so much.

and this last thing, i won't really be updating this as much for now because i kinda lost the inspiration to write marvel? don't get me wrong, i haven't lost interest in it, there's just nothing to hype me up while working. ive been getting into different fandoms more. like ive been listening to Hamilton non-stop (eyyy) for the past few months and love it?? so much? the cast is beautiful and i love everything about it. i just can't focus on marvel right now. this was a really hard decision for me, but it had to be done. i might post every so often but it'll mostly be inactive. im so so sorry again.