43 ━ war | t'chala

prompt; "I'm in love."
warning; angst? it follows the civil war plot.
word count; 1424

          Her week began terribly, starting with a rough mission in Lagos and ending with her mess of a family at each other's throats.

          Tony and Steve were taking separate sides, forcing the others to choose sides. (y/n) didn't have the best childhood experience with arguments, so their fighting brought up terrible memories. All of the avengers had been dragged into the division, aside from her and Wanda.

          Wanda had kept to her room ever since they had come home. (y/n) decided to made the best out of her time and escaped from the loud debate that other members of the team had joined into. She knocked lightly on the wooden door of Wanda's room. A soft reply allowed an invitation for her to enter.

          (y/n) first noticed the smashed glass of a vase scattered across the floor near one wall and Wanda's hunched figure on the bed. A wrinkled photograph was held tightly in the young woman's hands. (y/n) knew without getting a good glimpse that it was the photo of Wanda and Pietro that she carried with her everywhere.

          Tears were running down Wanda's face as she quietly sobbed, "Pietro would hate me."

          Wanda's thick-accented statement took (y/n) off guard. Wanda seemed so sure of the statement.

"What? Wanda, no—"

"All I am is a monster and a killer—he would hate me."

          Angry tears made their way down Wanda's face and (y/n) swallowed thickly. She had never been good at comforting others. But right now, Wanda needed her.

"Wanda. There is no way he would ever hate you. Pietro—he loved you. And he would never hate you for something you couldn't control. You saved Steve's life, that was what the others and I see. That is what we see because that is who you are."

          She squeeze her eyes shut tightly, "Pierto saved lives by sacrificing his life. And I do so by killing more." She opened her eyes slightly, a dry smile on her face, "It's funny isn't it?"

          (y/n) opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"(y/n), not everyone on the team finds me blameless. Stark—he made sure I knew that."

(y/n) frowned slightly, "Tony—he makes mistakes, a lot. Don't listen to him."

          She reached over, hugging the sad girl tightly. A loud shout was hear from from the lounge.

"She's just a kid, Tony! What the hell is wrong with you!"

          (y/n) sighed sadly. Wanda shook her head. "They even fight because of me."

          (y/n) grabbed Wanda's hands in comfort. "They aren't fighting because of you, they are fighting for you."

          Wanda's face remained sour, "And what is the difference?"

✧✧✧

          (y/n) stood next to Sam's new hero recruit, Scott Lang. Across from her stood the other half of her divided family. It upset her when the team looked to her to choose a side when the fighting extended to be about the Accords and Steve's friend.