49 ━ the cheating game | peter

nobody asked for Peter but that ain't gonna stop me. i'm so sorry this is late, i just haven't had time to write in a while. also i'm writing a joe keery fic and i'm so excited !!!

prompt; "YOU CHEATED!"
warning; i was planning on making it a cute mario cart thing where Peter and the reader play video games but? i have no chill. also, they're in eleventh grade cuz ya girl is gonna die this year and i ain't doin it alone :")  but Dean is in senior year i guess ?
word count; 1463
oh ! also this is based off of a specific scene from stranger things, y'know ? yeah ;-(

          "Peter you're going to drop those books on me."

          The boy in question apologized shyly and shifted the books as to retain balance over them. At the top of the stack was Frankenstein, the book that both English teachers had given their separate students. (y/n) tilted her head back in annoyance.

          "Why the fuck did I have to do AP English? Mrs. Benson actually hates me, I swear." Peter laughed and shrugged lightly. The two friends stopped at the door of the library, attempting to open it with the several books in their arms.

          "Didn't she say it was positive encouragement?" He asked, finally pulling the flyer-covered door open enough for them to slip in.

          (y/n) snorted, "Encouragement my ass. Third period she told me my thesis was 'a disgrace to well-established writers' and then failed me on my essay as if I hadn't spent six days on it."

          Peter left a few books from his stack at the librarian's desk and led the way to an empty table. Their books made a thud as they were dropped on the tabletop.

          "Yikes, I can sense the bitterness within you so I'm just not gonna go there," Peter exaggerated this by shaking his head in false-sympathy. (y/n) knocked her shoulder into his lightly.

          "Shut it, Parker. You're the one who convinced me to take the class. God, I wish I didn't listen to you."

          Peter shrugged while pulling out his notebook. He glanced behind (y/n) and rolled his eyes, "Your boyfriend is here."

          (y/n)'s eyes widened and she turned, looking for the tall boy. She smiled when she saw him staring intently at the science fiction section across the room. She glanced back at Peter and pretended like she hadn't been super excited to see Dean. She knew that Dean made Peter feel a little uncomfortable sometimes because of his friendship with Flash, so she tried not to be a clingy partner and gave Dean his space. That way, both boys could tolerate each other easier.

          Dean smiled brightly, greeting the two students happily after he spotted them chatting quietly.

          "Hey, guys! Where's Ned, I thought he usually hung out here?"

          Peter smiled, bumping fists with the other boy, "He's got tech right now, so he'll met us during lunch, I think."

          Dean nodded, kissing (y/n)'s cheek in greeting. He hesitated before lowering his things onto the table and sitting down. Peter had pulled out his pre-calc assignment and was half-heartedly filling in answers, his eyes flickering up to glance at the couple every few seconds.