Chapter 30: The Truth - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"But you're always stupid. What difference does it make?" I laughed again.

He glared at me. "Amber, seriously?"

"Okay okay, I'll stop." I grinned.

"Seriously though, they really did that to you?" Aiden asked once again.

"Stop saying that." I said in between laughs. "You'll look and sound stupid some more."

He only glared at me in response.

"This is so unexpected." Drake mumbled and I looked at him.

"So are you guys mad?" I asked cautiously. They looked at each other before smiling at me and shaking their heads.

"Oh my gosh, really?" I asked and they nodded their heads.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hugged them tightly as they let out a loud laugh.

"You know, it's about bloody time you told us the whole truth. The only thing I knew was that you're a Lee." Drake said and I chuckled as the others looked at him in shock.

"You knew?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, he does. I had accidentally called him when we were on our way to the airport." I said sheepishly and they shook their heads in amusement.

"How did you  even figure out that Amber was a Lee?" Sophie asked, making Hannah and Stacy peer at him curiously. Austin, Zyljan and Aiden just stayed silent on their place, probably trying to digest the fact that there is a slight possibility Drake heard the whole thing we talked about on the car.

"Well, I just put piece and piece together from what I gathered from our talk at Pizza Hut and the talk I heard from Amber and her family, so I—" Drake said, but was cut off by Austin.

"But the only thing we talked about what about Amber dating and stuff." Austin said with furrowed eyebrows.

Drake laughed. "Actually, after you talked about Amber dating, you talked about something regarding business and how your parents demand that you put more effort into learning the business. And then, you mentioned something about how there's a charity event held on Saturday that week and then Jessica started freaking out about what she should wear for the event." He said with a glint in his eyes, making Aiden, Zyljan and Austin look at me with a questioning glance.

"Did you really have to call him?" Zyljan asked, making me gape at him.

"It was an accident!" I retorted.

Did he really think I called Drake on purpose? It isn't really my fault my phone is as sensitive as a baby's butt cheek. Is that even a right comparison?

"So he heard the whole marriage thing?" Austin asked in horror, making me look at him with a blank stare. Is that really the only thing he heard from the call?

"Yeah. Is the offer still on the table? Because I'd gladly take it." He winked, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

The guys scowled at him. "Don't push it, Anderson. You might never come out alive if you continue on that rate." Zyljan warned and I laughed, my best friends doing the same.

I heard Hannah snort. "Drake, if I were you, I wouldn't bother. Chase already beat you on that one."

I turned to look at her. "What?" I asked but she only smirked at me.

"Wait, what do you mean Chase beat Drake on that one?" Stacy asked.

Hannah merely laughed. "Oh it's nothing. Don't worry about it." She turned to look at me and gave me a wink.