Chapter 28: Rabbit in the hole

Dominick's POV

I helped clean up Jenny's ship. Which afterwards, she was ready to leave. But before she left I made sure to give her a few boxes full of my parent's junk I found in the attic.

[Jenny]"I will see you later I guess. I'm sure the others will be happy to know you're ok. And I also guess I can take these boxes back with me." Me and Jenny hugged goodbye.

I joined Xylia and Talon outside where we watched the ship leave.

[Xylia]"I hope you two didn't kiss or anything!" [Dominick]"Why would I? She's just my friend. Besides I have you to kiss when I want one." I then kissed her which made her giggle. [Xylia]"Oh, It's been two years and I'm still jealous? Not like you two can actually date or anything. Since you live here. And she lives someplace far away."

Me and Xylia kept flirting back and forth but Talon started getting uncomfortable. [Dominick]"Ok fine Talon, we will stop. Let's head back to the hive. I'm ready for a nap after that nice reunion." [Xylia]"Yep." [Talon]"And I have no clue who that was. Wasn't she your old human friend Mary?" [Dominick]"Wrong female. That was Jenny. Mary is a different friend." [Talon]"Right. I'll try to remember that."

We stopped the small talk and headed back home.

Small walking home time skip of the day!

We reached home. It was a wonderful sight. Me and Xylia went straight back to the hive to help take care of all the new hosts we now have. I was working as usual getting them ready but when I did the wall I was sticking a host to collapsed. I lifted the person and strapped him to the wall next to the hole in the wall. Curious, I walked through the hole to find some stairs going down.

Must have been a part of the building that used to be here. I went down the stairs and found the basement of this building. It was empty, I even found the dead corpses of a family. All the food was gone, they had starved to death. I sighed and realized they still might be useful for egg morphing.

[Xylia]"Hey Dominick!" Xylia jumped in from the top of the stairs. I looked up at her and gave her a face. [Xylia]"What?" she looked at the ground next to me to see the starved family. [Xylia]"Oh..... They tried surviving here maybe?" [Dominick]"Yeah, We need to carry them out of here for egg morphing." Xylia nodded and picked up the parents while I picked up the two children.

What disturbed me the most was that they reminded me of me and my family! But either way I got together a few Xenomorph to help me turn them into eggs for future hosts.

[Dominick]"Alright. That was a good job, come on Xylia, maybe we should try prank calling someone!" Xylia looked at me confused. [Dominick]"I have the new charger for my phone! We can call people! Besides, since Jenny let me keep this translator, we can do that!" [Xylia]"Is it something human's do for mischief only?" [Dominick]"Oh yeah."

We went back to the house, I started charging my phone, got the translator ready. Me and Xylia smiled at each other and I began dialing a random number.

[Lex]"You have reached Lex's cellular?" [Dominick]"Is your refrigerator running?" {Speaker}"Is your refrigerator running?" [Lex]"Um, yeah?" [Dominick]"You better go catch it then!" {Speaker}"You better go catch it then!" [Lex]"Wait! Why you little! ....." I hung up. Me and Xylia started laughing our butts off. [Xylia]"Good one!" [Dominick]"Ok, lets prank call Larson!"

I dialed Larson's number. [Larson]{Dominick! You called me after two years! That's rude not hearing from you! Did you at least get my letter Jenny sent you?} I looked at Xylia and frowned. [Dominick]"So much for that..." {Speaker}"So much for that..." [Larson]{Excuse me?} [Xylia]"Shhhh. just answer him! Say hi or something, or go into Texting" [Dominick]"Hey Larson, Jenny gave me some translator you made, and a new charger for my phone. I'm still a Xenomorph, ask Jenny for the details when she gets in contact with you next. Also can we move this over to texting?" {Speaker}"Hey Larson, Jenny gave me some translator you made, and a new charger for my phone. I'm still a Xenomorph, ask Jenny for the details when she gets in contact with you next. Also can we move this over to texting?"

[Larson]{Ok.... Jenny did see you then? Good, Good. I can do the texting thing.} Larson hung up and messaged me saying "Larson: I'm in a chat room, pick up." [Xylia]"This is great that you get to talk to old pales!" I thought about it for a moment..... I didn't seem happy to talk to Larson.... I'm more emotionless towards him then I thought I'd be... It's probably because the prank call on him didn't work. [Dominick]"Yeah." I open the chat.

"Dominick: Hey Larson. How are the others? Mary and Jerry... parents? Owen even... I heard he was having a bit of an issue"

"Larson: Yeah, Owen has it sorted, Mary and Jerry are fine. But your parents went off the grid. Possibly hiding from Carlson."

"Dominick: So everyone's fine then?"

"Larson: Yes sir. Also Jenny and I are boyfriend and girlfriend!" [Xylia]"Yes!" I looked back at Xylia. [Xylia]"Sorry."

"Dominick: That's great, Xylia is a big fan, and also she says hi. And so does everyone else I'm sure."

"Larson: Did you do IT?" I stared down at the phone. [Dominick]"Shoot... Now what Xylia? He wants to know if we did a very certain deed. Do we tell him?" [Xylia]"I'm proud of what we did the other night. Aren't you as well? No regrets?" I smiled [Dominick]"I am very proud that we did it, no regrets. I love you after all. We are married in Human terms." I smiled and went back to the phone.

"Dominick: Yes." We waited a minute before Larson answered.

"Larson: Little disturbed by your answer. I thought I'd be satisfied with Yes for an answer, but all it did was make this conversation weird."

I chuckled. "Dominick: No regrets? See you later then."

"Larson: Absolutely. Bye."

The chat room closed. [Dominick]"That was cool." [Xylia]"I'm so proud that you said we did mate, come here you." Xylia grabbed me and started kissing my face. I started holding her back, kissing.... Making out and stuff.

We stopped and looked at each other. [Dominick]"So Xylia, Now what?" [Xylia]"hmm. Maybe we should go hunting, and maybe some US time, you know?" [Dominick]"Sounds fun." I smiled at her, she smiled back. Such a Romance that was between us.

Everything was good... I had Xylia, The hive was gonna have a lot of new faces, and I could talk to my friends anytime I wanted. Life couldn't be any better. And Hunting with Xylia and everything good to follow makes everything so much greater!