"Well, I'm not stopping you. But I don't think that's such a good idea when Eric's home." I wasn't allowed to lock the door when Derek was here and Eric always burst into rooms without knocking.

     Derek's face showed panic. "What's that noise outside? Is he coming?"

     "Relax." I laughed. "He's at his friend's, the one with the rabbit. And he won't be home for hours..."

     "That's a relief!"

     I intertwined my legs with his and rested my head on his shoulder. Derek took my hand in his and we sat like that in silence, soaking in the intimacy of it.

     I thought about the past few weeks and how they had changed so much in my life.

     I had thought that school would be awkward after all the craziness that happened with Brent. Turns out, a lot of people had realized it was a prank and thought Brent deserved it. It was mostly because of Tiffany. She'd made sure people knew what the truth was.

     I did apologize to Brent though. He was mad at first, but got over it pretty soon.

     "We can always go on that date, right?" he had asked expectantly.

     I almost tripped over my own feet. Clearing my throat, I said, "I'd rather not because I don't think my boyfriend would be okay with it."

     He nodded his head like he understood my dilemma. Then he told me that he hadn't guessed it was me and therefore recorded the call. Shayna told him about me and asked him to play the recording in front of everyone as a payback prank. I had kinda guessed that it had something to do with Shayna.

     Tiffany genuinely felt the worst because I got all the blame for it. She'd apologized to me the next day and it wasn't difficult for me to forgive her. I've known her almost all my life and she was the one who knew me the best. And by telling everyone the truth, she had redeemed herself.

     That was enough for me. It was all about getting a second chance. I got a second chance with Derek. And Tiffany and my friendship deserved a second chance too. I told her everything about Derek and me. She couldn't believe all that Shayna had done, how manipulative she'd been.

     So these days, Shayna hangs around with a different group of friends. She moved on from us and has a new boyfriend too.

     Shayna and I never spoke after that day in the gym, but there was this silent agreement between us that we'd put everything behind us. We said hey sometimes when we crossed each other.

     Nate and Tiffany still fight sometimes over trivial things, but Tiffany promised both Nate and me that she'll never test him again, because she completely trusts him. And I believe her.

     Suzy's not the bully she used to be, but is still quite arrogant and shows her high handed behavior occasionally.

     Olive's still obsessed with taking as many AP classes as possible. She has ten AP and honors classes in senior year.

     And Cabe, well we never had an interaction again. He knew that I knew the truth and we never talked again. That chapter was closed long back.