Awkward Situation (14)

LENI'S POV

Anxiety and fear nearly consumed me as I went home from a check up. Test results are scheduled to be released the next day and not knowing what might come out just didn't make me sleep.

"Love."

He looked at me, "mahal mo ba ako?" I wanted to cringe for asking too straight. "Oo naman, bakit?" He chuckled.

I sighed hoping he was sincere with what he said. I rested my face on my hands and pouted as I stared at him. He shifted his weight to the side and faced me.

"Bakit sad ang love ko?" He imitated my pout trying to lighten me up. "Love, kung hindi pala ako pwede magkababy iiwan mo ba ako?" I asked.

The playful gesture on his face fainted into concern. "Hindi." He replied briefly without any follow up explanation.

"Hindi talaga? Kahit hindi na tayo magka-baby in the future? Kunwari hindi pala ako pwede mabuntis." I clarified, he looked down to my hand and kissed the back of it.

"Malulungkot ako pero hindi kita iiwan." He elaborated. "Bakit? Sinabi ba ng doktor na hindi ka pwede magkaanak?" He asked hoping his hand holding mine would cheer me up if the answer was yes.

I shook my head weakly. "Bukas pa malalaman yung results nung test."

We've been actively venturing the intimate side of our relationship for months but we just realize how I'm not yet pregnant after all the unprotected moments that we had. Some doctors said it may be because we do it at a wrong time, whenever I'm infertile or I'm too tensed whenever we do it but it was unlikely because all of that.

We decided to visit a doctor to have a look at my case and now that the results are the only thing we're waiting to answer our questions, I can't stop myself from worrying that there might be a chance that I am not really capable of having a child and it pains me to think that if that would be the case, I can never give Rodrigo a chance to be the father of our children.

RODRIGO'S POV

I can see him looking at me with the stare of aversion from the corner of my eye. I've been inspired enough to excel at work lately, sounds cheesy but Leni did all the pushing, she made me a better person.

My rivals in the industry hated my excellence. Their stares wanted to drag me down but they just can't.

I suddenly saw Leni waving her hand from a distance trying to get my attention as I daydream. "Love." I uttered and called her in.

"Hi!" She replied and gave me a sweet hug. Her eyes twinkled, something was up, the results of her tests must be good. "Anong balita?" I asked.

"Love, lumabas na yung results." She grinned, I expected for a follow up explanation of situation.

"Wala daw akong problema." I needed more details but she was smiling widely at me making me wonder why.

"May isa pang news about sa results." She teased. "Ano?"

"Buntis ako." She blushed as she spilled.

My legs were stoned, astonishment swallowed my head. Did I hear it right? I asked myself.

"Seryoso ba yan?" Uttering with mixed emotions, she nodded.

"She..." I almost cussed loudly. I grabbed her and hugged her tight.

Wait, I'm not just hugging Leni but I'm technically hugging my future wife and my baby at the same time right now. I felt so thrilled.

"Hindi mo ako pinagtitripan Leni ha?" She chuckled and shook her head no. "Sabi ng doktor na yung spotting daw is not a sign of complication. Sign daw yon ng pregnancy kaya ayun." She explained, couldn't take off the smile on her face.

We immediately visited my grandma that weekend to let her know and no words can explain how much it made her happy, she is finally getting the grandchild that she wants.

It took some time before it sank to me that my girl is pregnant with our kid. I didn't even expect it to happen but I am all grateful that my lady is normally bearing our healthy child for over three weeks now.

Akala ko busog lang tong love ko.

I kept teasing her, making fun of her stomach that is starting to form a small bump. "Sobra ka, love! Hindi nga halata masyado lalo na kapag nakaloose ako." She defended.

It's one of the best scenery to see how her bump grows. I always talk to her stomach every night and languidly touch her bump. I cannot wait to know if it's a boy or a girl that we made there. I was so hype about Leni's pregnancy, I always make sure she's all well, fine and well provided; I can't take my eyes off her.

"Alam mo love? Kung nakakabuntis yang tingin mo baka marami na tayong baby dito." She jested stroking her small baby bump. We laughed soundly.

"Ang sarap mo kase tignan tapos nakikita kong lumalaki tong tiyan mo," I kissed her tummy, she smiled. "Tsaka mas maganda ka ngayon. Effect ba yan ni baby?" I complimented, her nostrils flared trying to suppress her blushing.

"Bola ka ha!" She grabbed my face playfully. "Panong maganda, namamanas na nga ako. Pinapataba na ako ni baby." She refuted chuckling.

"Sus. Normal lang yan. Mas naganda ka talaga ngayon." I insisted and leaned close to her earlobes.

"Mas malaki rin yung boobs mo ngayon, love." I whispered, flirting.

She giggled, she noticed it too. "So yon yung maganda sayo?" She rolled her eyes, I kissed the tip of her nose.

RISA'S POV

There is no way I'm letting my multi million shares crash down next to my eyes for the next years because of that bastard. Ever since he entered our company, my reign began to fade out, he was the wreck in my life.

"Isa lang ang paraan para madistract yan sa business talk." I can't let him win the hearts of my clients. He was given a chance to bag millions of deals at the 21st annual conference of our company. I have to make a way to distract him from perfectly serenading the people to invest on his plans and projects.

I am desperate.

"Paano?" My bestfriend-colleague asked.

"Yung mag-ina niya." I uttered darkly staring blankly on a distance.