Awkward Situation (11)

RODRIGO'S POV

My lady remained in deep sleep as the sun rose. I watched her sleep soundly but little did I expect for me to start feeling the pressure of what I did.

It wasn't part of my plan but I feel like blaming the wine that intoxicated my body in bringing out my yearning soul. I felt disarrayed with my thoughts and emotions.

Leni was a precious lady, I would never get tired of saying it and I have to compose myself and make sure of my decisions before I face her. I cannot take her now and then soon realize that I changed my mind. I have to be firm. I have to be sure.

I can't think well inside that room.

LENI'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes, sank into the comfort of the bed before I recalled what happened last night.

It dragged me to see the other side of the bed empty when I was expecting him to be there beside me. I looked around but the silence on the bathroom and the organization of the room told me he's no longer around.

I sighed with pain on my chest. It wasn't the case I was expecting to wake up to.

I thought it meant something.

I thought that night would be a turning point but I guess I was wrong.

I picked up my clothes and got them back on before I check the bathroom with the last hopes that he's there.

My mind laughed at myself. Nakuha na niya yung gusto niya. Nauto ka na naman.

I stroked my hair putting my baby hairs down. Damping it with some water to put it into position.

I fixed what could be fixed inside the room before heading out. My tray was still there.

"Ang aga aga mukang stress ka ha?" My colleague, Anna, remarked. I smiled weakly.

"Hindi naman. Puyat lang." I replied, still recovering from the series of events that happened to me.

"Ann. Okay lang ba ikaw muna sumagot sa shift ko ngayon? Sobrang sama kase ng pakiramdam ko." I pleaded and she has been a good friend to me.

I wasn't really feeling bad but I had to make an excuse because the truth is I was hurting.

I think my body was overwhelmed after having it touched for the first time. I felt sick the next day that I missed work.

RODRIGO'S POV

"Hi, I'm looking for Leni Gerona? She's a room service attendant here. I think she's got my bag that I left the last time I checked in here." I made up as I talked to a staff.

They advised me to come back again as she was absent that day I went back for her. I started to worry, it sank to me how it was a mistake to just leave her and not show up for over a week after what happened to us.

I've been wanting to do all of that for her for so long, not to have sex with her and be all that physical but what I really wanted was to kiss her and make love to her, it all built up inside me that I panicked.

I was heading out when someone approached me, I looked at her name tag, Anna.

"Sir, si Leni po ba yung hinahanap niyo?" She asked. I was creeped out for a bit, how did she know I was looking for her, was she watching me at the lobby?

"Yes. Kilala mo ba siya?" I asked, my urge to find her prevailed.

"Opo katrabaho ko siya. Same floor po kami nung," she hesitated. "Nung?" I demanded. "Nung gabi po." I knew what she meant.

I exhaled heavily, "Alam ko po kung saan siya nakatira." She remarked.

ANNA'S POV

I've always been close to Leni since we worked on the same floor for months. She was very humble and nice to everyone even if not everyone returns the same attitude to her.

Leni was like a younger sister to me and the moment I saw her enter that room and stay inside the whole night, I knew something happened inside. I didn't know what exactly happened but what would she do inside a hotel room with a man the whole night and come out alone looking all exhausted the next day? I wasn't born yesterday.

I pretended not to know or have a hint about it. I kept an eye on her the next days, I saw the sadness in her eyes. He left her after taking something away from her, I knew she needed him.

The moment I saw a chance, I gave him her address and wished he would take responsibility of what he did to her — it's not like he got her pregnant but I knew it meant a lot to Leni and it hurts her to be left just like that by the man she trusted her soul to.

"Sir," I stopped him again. He looked at me, willing to listen. "Sana wag niyong pabayaan si Leni," I pleaded. I saw his eyes glisten. "Sobrang bait ni Leni. Sana hindi kayo yung isa sa mga taong umaabuso sa kabaitan niya." I continued feeling so much pity for her.

He cleared his throat before he spoke. "I won't. Thank you." He replied and walked away.

LENI'S POV

I watched them do their last packing. "Leni, ikaw na bahala dito ha. Three days kami sa Palawan. Maglinis linis ka nalang dito." My roommate, Racel, requested.

"Papasalubungan ka nalang namin ha?" Weng followed.

Weng, Racel and Nancy are my roommates. They are best friends and they treated my like I was an adopted member of their squad but then they were so close, I still felt left out at times.

"Sige, ako nang bahala." I took responsibility and bid them goodbye.

I closed the door and made my eyes wander across the room, thinking where to start.

I damped an old towel with some water and soap and wiped the dusty surfaces of our cabinets and our windows. I tied my hair behind my back and took the dust pan and broom so I can start sweeping the floor.

Our room wasn't that big but I felt tired cleaning it up on my own. I don't really mind being all exhausted, I know my roommates would appreciate it once they come back.