003: sleepover

"So, how long are you gonna stay?" Sophia says
"Well, I guess over night if I really wanted to since I ditched my sleepover with my friend."
"Why?"
"I don't like her friends. I don't fit in. Plus she made me mad."
"What'd she do?"
"She just used me as an excuse to get out the house. To go hang out with her friends."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"Why?"
"That you have to be in that situation."
"Oh, thanks." I say as we keep walking.
Time Skip
We walk downstairs to the basement of Jack's cousin's house.
Wyatt puts a video game in and Finn and jack sit down on the couch with him.
Then I hear footsteps come down the stairs by us.
Jaeden, Chosen, Jeremy... AND Millie, Noah, Sadie, Caleb, and Gaten- standing there at the bottom of the stairs.
"Who's this?" Says Caleb looking down at me sitting on the floor with Sophia.
"She's Hazel." Says Sophia
"And, who's Hazel?" Says Noah
"She's a girl we met at that park by the pool down from road." Says Sophia
"Ok then" says Jaeden scooting the boys on the couch over, grabbing a game controller.
All the boys sit around the tv switching turns playing games.
Me, Sadie, Millie, and Sophia sit in a circle talking about ourselves.
They ask for my Snapchat and I give them it.
(Time passes by)
"Hey guys, anyone want to sleep?" Says Millie.
"YES! I'm so tired!!" Says Sadie "me too" says Sophia. "Ok, sure" says Caleb.
Caleb, Gaten, Chosen, Jeremy, Jaeden, and all the girls get ready for bed. Jack, Finn, and Noah stay up and play games in the dark while everyone else sleeps on the floor together.
Time Skip
I wake up and see the boys still playing games. I get up and quietly go upstairs. And head to the kitchen. I grab a glass and fill it with water from the fridge. I sit down on the kitchen floor next to the patio door looking out at the moon. Moonlight shining on the floor. In quiet.
Then I hear footsteps coming upstairs from the basement.
I quickly tip-toe over into the bathroom.
I hear steps walking towards the bathroom and I just sit there against the wall next to the doorway, holding my breath.
The light turns on and I see a shirtless Finn standing in the doorway.
I just look up at him with an um face.
"What are you doing?" He asks
"Well, um, I came up here to get a glass of water and then I uh, heard you" I say looking down at my glass of water in my hand.
"And you hid from me?" He says smiling
"Well, um yeah."
"Why?"
"Well, I didn't know who you were. For all I know you could've been Jack's cousin. Or worse, his parents. They don't know I'm even here right?"
"Well. uhh. yeah. they don't." He says slightly smiling
"Well now I feel weird being here!" I say smiling, holding in a laugh
"Whatever! Just come back downstairs. You can play with us if you want."
"I'm not really the gamer type. I've never really played anything."
"I can teach you if you want."
"Sure, I guess"
"Okay, lets go!" He says, holding out a hand.
I grab his hand and we go downstairs.
Noah and Jack are still sitting, there playing a game, focused on the tv.
"Hey, guys, Hazel's gonna play with us." Finn says
"Ok. Just don't screw up the controls or anything. They're not mine." Says Jack, eyes glued to the tv.
"You two can play, it's getting intense." Noah says
"Well, you can only play it altogether." Says Finn.
"Then don't play!" Says Noah. Eyes following the movements on the tv.
"Wow, someone's rude!" Says Finn smiling.
"Shut up!" Noah scoffs
"Well, what'd you want to do then? Since they're hogging the tv!" Asks Finn
"I don't know. Whatever honestly. I just can't sleep." I say
"Umm, well. I don't know. There's not much to do in the house. D'you wanna go for a walk or something?" He asks
"Uhh, sure." I say