Past

I woke up to a very concerned face, that belonged to none other than our hero, Ajay. It took me few minutes to realise what the hell happened to me and one look at the guilty face of Ajay made me understand how. One moment I was lying on bed and next moment I try to get out of it, only to fall back. I never knew fainting makes people this weak. Gathering the left over energy I had, I sit on bed and fire my question at the person who enjoys making my life miserable, "Did you tie me?"

"Ahaana.... About that..." He looks damn nervous and a bit concerned too.

"Is it a yes or not?" I yell.

"Y-yes." (Of course it's gonna be Ajay. Congratulations to all who guessed correct.) That's it next moment I raise my hand to struck Ajay's cheeck but it is stopped midair by Ajay.

"Let me go..." I struggle to free my hand and slap him. Instead of doing what I ask, he tightens his grip on my hand.

"What the hell were you thinking about doing such heinous act Ajay? Why? Why the hell did do you it?" I yell at him, trying to free my hand.

"This is the reason. I fucking wanted to kiss you without you slapping me for once." I go rigid for a moment hearing his awful confession. That idiot tied me just so he can kiss me? WTH??

"What the hell is wrong with you? Kiss me? Are you nuts? Who the hell ties a woman just because he want to kiss her??? I freed my hand with difficulty and start attacking him, raining my fists on his chest like a mad woman.

"Did you think about me for a second? How scared I was when you tied me? I literally died Ajay with your stupid stunt. Don't you have any humanity?...."

He catches my assaulting hands and screams, "Shut up! Shut up! Don't you get it? I was fucking scared too. My heart skipped a beat when you fainted dammit. You thought it was fun? No. Fucking dammit. Not at all fun when I had you motionless in my hands....."

I stop my struggles and try to process his words. He got scared? "You are unbelievable Ajay. You are worried that if something happens to me, you might go to jail? Get real Ajay...."

I stopped my rant when he sunk to his knees in front of me. He took my both hands in his tenderly and says, "I'm not scared that I might go to jail if anything happened to you, in fact I deserve it. But you should know one thing that I will never forgive myself if something happened to you Ahaana. I may be impulse, reckless with you. But I would never harm you in such a manner. I can't."

I'm rendered speechless with his words. Can I believe him?

"What are you hiding from me Ahaana?" He asks in a pained voice, startling me.

"No-Nothing. I don't know what you are saying." I say defensively. He gets up from floor and sits beside me cradling my face between his fingers and his eyes searching mine. "Why am I seeing all these signs now? What did I miss Ahaana? What secrets are you hiding from me? From everyone?" He asks with genuine concern.

"N-no. I'm not hiding a-a-anything. I got s-scared because you attacked me from backside." I pull away my face from him and close my eyes so he can't tell I'm lying.

"Another lie. Is there anything you say is truth Ahaana?" I got angry on hearing his words. "What would I lie about Ajay? I got scared as hell because someone attacked me and tied me suddenly." I shout glaring at him.

"That's my question Ahaana. No sane person faints just because someone tied them." He says with raised voice making me nervous.

"Then I'm insane. Just leave me alone. And don't try such things with me again." I yell and back into my bed, keeping enough distance between us. I want to sleep and forget about this awful incidence. Finally he caught that I'm not going to say anything and gave up.