NiNETeEn

******************"***********
Nine·teen

ˌnīnˈtēn,ˈnīnˌtēn/

number

1.) One more than eighteen; nine more than ten; 19.

*****************************

"Iris!" The hoarseness of the Beast's voice, reached the prickly haired ears of the surrounding dectres. In a count of about six, they stood outside the door to his chamber. Watching in murmured silence as he destroyed the chamber he was in.

"How is this possible?" One asked.

"Did anyone give him the wrong dosage of drugs? Its happened before." Another one countered.

"No, the tubes come pre-measured for each chamber, as ordered by the Council. This has to be something else." One answered.

"He is so angry, no wonder he's locked away here." Another said with nothing but fear being read across his features.

"Who or what is this Iris he keeps calling for?" Back and forth, the dectres argued about how they should handle the situation; no one fully coming up with a valued solution.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!!" The Beast screeched as he slammed his full body weight into the mirrored glass of the chamber. His limbs may have hurt from all the pounding on the large cemented walls but fortunately he had an unexpected burst of energy and anger to channel all his powers through. It was his own anger at his situation, and the fact that he had been locked away for so long that had his powers flickering through the room like a cool draft.

The life he could've had if they hadn't locked him away... That thought haunted his mind.

He continued to contemplate all the things that wholeheartedly seemed to harass his dreams like a ghost.

"IRIS!" He yelled as his powers raised within him before buckling out through his arms, only to clash into the one way mirrored glass of the chamber.  The power that murmured across his skin was like a wild beast attacking the wall, as he stood silently thinking about the dream he'd had of feeling Iris touch his face. Her skin was soft as she caressed his cheek in a caring manner; it had to have been a dream though. Because of the vast distance of space between them there was no way he could have sensed her in real time. And that thought itself, caused a rush of his powers to hit the glass again.

The potential of greatness being read through his powers was the exact thing the Council had been afraid of.

It was the exact reason he had been locked away. They considered him a threat to everyone around him. He was labeled 'dangerous' and locked away for almost all of his life cycle.

After another blast from him, the once secured mirror like glass shattered into a thousand pieces. Three of the dectres that had been watching from the outside were killed on instant contact from the glass shredding through their thin skins. While the other three had simply been knocked out from the force of his beastly powers crashing through the glass.

But the most important thing that seemed to echo through the Beast's brain was that...

'He was free.'

A smile stretched across his face as he hopped over the false wall and landed above the glass. Even though the greying glow of his powers kept his feet from touching the actual floor, the crunch of glass could be heard as he continued to take cautious steps forward.

'He was free..' He thought to himself even as the blaring alarm crowded his ears like a shopping center on the planet TerRiAN.

As he races through the corridors his mind wondered, 'How long had it been since he had been fully conscious? When was the last time he walked? Ran? How long had it been since he'd saw the vast amount of stars and galaxies that spaces had to offer? Or better yet...' He hummed to himself as he passed a window, 'How long had it been since he last saw his own reflection?'