Chapter 8

Jungkook went right over to the man he’d called to, earning a few looks from some people he passed by.

“Yes?” Seokjoon said, gazing at Jungkook curiously.

“Forgive him,” Jimin said quickly before the youngest male could speak.  “He’s just a little excited cause it’s a party.  Excuse us for a moment.”  He grabbed Jungkook’s arm and pulled him over to a quiet space.  “What the hell are you doing?”

“That’s Namjoon hyung ’s dad, right?” Jungkook said, pulling his arm free. 

“Are you out of your mind?” Jimin said in disbelief.  “This is my boyfriend’s fucking birthday party, Kook.  You don’t get to do interrogations here.”

“Hyung tell me! How long your gonna hide from me this? " the raven said in frustration. "Are you already forgot because of him, our father died!"

“You have no proof,” the Jimin said with a huff. "Jungkook! I do not forget that but our father is long gone, he also said the same thing as I've said to you... Forgive him. Whatever he did. He already does anything to make us better! " 

"Is that the reason why your working with that hospital as a nurse. Fuck his son... Tell me Jimin hyung! How much Namjoon hyung pay to give you... Did you sell your body for him... "

Jungkook shock when his brother gave him a slap. Jimin never hurt his brother since birth, this a first time for him. 

“Don’t you dare make a scene, Jungkook.  This is Namjoon’s day, got it?  You fuck this up, I will fuck you up.”  He composed himself and went back over to Namjoon, putting on a smile.  Jungkook sighed heavily touching where his brother hit him. 

When would he ever get a chance to talk to the man or even to his brother to have apologized, then SeokJin approach him and notice his red cheek?

"Are you alright?" 

Jungkook shook his head. 

"Let me take you to the kitchen! " SeokJin grab Jungkook hand. He felt it again the episode. He really doesn't understand, what Seokjin doing to him, his simple touch, his smile can make him flutter despite all of his misery caused by his father. He let SeokJin put ice on his swollen cheek.

“Hey, did you have something you needed to talk about?”

He turned and saw Seokjin had come over.  He let out a breath and shrugged.

“It’s…not important,” he lied.  It wouldn’t be good to tell Seokjin what he wanted to talk about, that would just upset him.

"Usually... I and Namjoon have a quarrel but at the end of the day. We will talk! " 

SeokJin put the cold compress to him. He looks at the doctor, the plum lips. He heard his heart beats. It's like an eternity was wishing that last forever, no end even not near. He snap when he heard SeokJin voice. 

"You must talk to your brother and settle the things out."

Seokjin smile. The sweetest smile even a heart of stone can be softened.

"Doc. "

"Called me hyung or Jinnie... That would be fine! " Seokjin cooed removing the cold compress.

  “Ah. Who's that guy clinging at you?”

“Oh, Taehyung?  He’s my best friend,” the doctor admitted.

“Huh, small world, my boss is named Taehyung,” Jungkook said, chuckling a little at that.

“Oh, yeah?” Seokjin said, tilting his head.  “Interesting.  Yeah, um…he was almost my brother-in-law.”

“O-oh,” the younger male said, nodding slightly.

“Yeah, it’s weird, I haven’t seen him or talked to him in a while now,” the doctor said softly.  “Actually, not since before what happened.  It’s nice to see him again.  I missed him.”

“I’m sure he missed you too,” Jungkook said, biting his lip.  “Well, don’t let me keep you.”  No, don’t say that, keep him with you.

"Huh? "

"Nothing hyung... " Jungkook said to avoid the gaze of the doctor.

"Why don’t you come to join us?” Seokjin suggested happily.  “Have a drink, enjoy the party.”

“Yeah, I can do that,” Jungkook said, nodding while following SeokJin back to the party. 

~~~~

The party started to slowly die down, guests starting to leave in little groups until all that was left was Namjoon, Seokjin, their parents, Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung.

“Best birthday ever,” Namjoon said with a smile.

“Well, it’s not over yet,” Jimin pointed out.  “It’s not midnight.”

“And that’s your cue to go find a bedroom,” Seokjin teased.  Jimin blushed and giggled as Namjoon took his hand to pull him along without hesitation.

“Must be nice,” Taehyung admitted.  “Getting to be together like that.”

“Yeah,” Seokjin said softly. 

“Taehyung?  Where have you been?”

“I’ve been busy, working,” Taehyung explained.  “It helped me deal with…you know.  It still hurts, but work helps.”

“My thoughts exactly,” the doctor agreed.

"Oh come on... The both of you... Find a love life to light-up your dull life." Namjoon cooed while cuddling his lover.

“You know, maybe it wouldn’t hurt to take time to just relax and cry?” Jungkook suggested.

“And who are you?” Taehyung said, blinking a few times.

“He’s a friend of mine,” Seokjin reassured quickly.  “He’s been very sweet to me lately, he even helped me on one of my…um…drunk nights.”

“I see,” Taehyung said, eyeing up the raven-haired male slightly.  He felt a bit territorial, but he wouldn’t let it bother him too much.  Friends were harmless, right?

“Maybe! I should go now. I don't see loves bird getting so sweet.” Taehyung said suddenly.  “Walk me out?”

“Sure,” Seokjin said, nodding.  He just wanted away from that conversation and away from Jungkook right now.  How could he bring up something like that?

“Hey, What's wrong?,” Taehyung cooed as they got to the door.  “I've never seen you for a long time and then your thinking something.”

“I'm sorry Taehyung,” Seokjin said with a little nod.  He smiled at Taehyung.  “I’m glad you’re around again.  I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too,” Taehyung said with a boxy, smile.  He leaned close and kissed Seokjin’s cheek.  “We’ll talk again soon.”  And with that, he slipped out.  Seokjin hummed.  Taehyung was such a sweet friend, and he would have been a terrific brother-in-law.

While Jungkook looks at them handling his chest in pain... 

----------------

Please don't forget to vote and comment ^^

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Thank all support ^.^