Racing Day

They planned to take the train there. Leaving for the station at 5 in the morning, they arrived about twenty minutes later and after ten minutes of queing for the ticket, they departed. The first part of the trip took just over four hours. The young ones, namely Nagi and Shion, weren't used to waking up that early, so they fell asleep. Then they had to switch trains at Shin-Hakodate Hokuto and after another four hours, they finally arrived in Hokkaido.

"Right, first thing's first, we head for the hotel." Hikari said, leading the group to a van that was prepared for them.

It didn't take long, but once they reached their respective rooms, they all collapsed on the beds.

Their manager sighed as she entered one of their rooms. This one had a bunk bed and a single bed and immediately she found Nagi on the top bunk and Shion on the lower, leaving Kira on the single. She personally made this arrangement so the 'mom' could handle the 'children'. Smiling, she nodded at Kira as he tucked them in. It was almost 3 in the afternoon, they could rest for the rest of the day before finding dinner later in the evening.

She moved on to the next room where there were two bunk beds. Van and Yamato were sharing, as are the brothers. Though while the latter pair were able to immediately figure out who's taking which position, the former seem to still be arguing.

"It's mine!"

"I sat here first, it's mine!"

For the bottom bunk.

"Come on! I'm getting too old to climb stuff."

"What does old have to do with this? I'm over 10 centimeters taller than you! My head's gonna hit the cieling!"

Clearing her throat, she successfully caught all of their attention. "Uhh, why don't Eiichi and Eiji take the top ones and you both have the bottom ones." Without a single complaint, Yamato swapped with Eiichi.

That went unexpectedly well...

~~~~~

"I knew it."

"They snore, okay?"

As if she had been waiting for him, Hikari opened her door at midnight, letting Eiichi in. "I thought it was weird that you were so willing to switch. You knew you were gonna end up here, didn't you?"

"Seems like you did too since you're still up at a time like this." He smirked as he sat on the bed.

She giggled. "Well I suppose. But isn't this a bit risky? We might get caught."

"Yeah. By Kira if we don't sleep soon." He replied nonchalantly.

Smiling, she joined him on the bed. "Good night then."

"Sweet dreams, angel."

~~~~~

The next morning, they left at 8 sharp. It didn't take over half an hour and everyone jumped out to see the race tracks.

"Wow! That's awesome!" Van said, eyes twinkling.

"Heh, even if it's not a concert, I'm still getting pretty pumped up!" Yamato said, stretching his muscles.

"You said it!" Nagi exclaimed. Though he wasn't looking at the tracks. Following his gaze, Shion found himself mesmorized by the cotton candy on a nearby stall.

"Hey, nii-san-" Eiji blinked a few times before panicking slightly. "W-wait.. Where did nii-san go?!"

Looking around, she found the brunette speed walking through the gate, he seemed to be very eager to see the track up close. She stiffled a laugh. "I'll go after him. You guys have fun!"

"You too, Sora." Shion waved as he and Nagi tried to drag Kira towards the stall.

Hikari thanked herself for telling them to wear disguises. There were a lot of people here, so they would've been recognized in the first five minutes. She looked for a tall brunette in a black jacket and hat and it proved to be much easier than expected. After all, it's not that common to find someone with the height of 185 centimeters.

She grabbed his arm when she caught up to him. Stopping, he looked down at her in confusion. She smiled at him and they continue their walk hand in hand. They didn't have to worry because they know they won't be recognized.

Reaching the fence, they stood from the other side while watching the cars speed around the track as part of the opening ceremony. Neither of them realized it, but by the time Eiichi opened his mouth, all that came out were his excitement for the race and his admiration for the racers he knew well about from tv. At some point, it even went to how far he knew about each of the cars. From something as small as the detail in colours to how much horsepower an engine has, it was almost as if he made those cars. Hikari didn't mind for a second. She listened intently, asking questions from time to time which he gladly answered with a smile of his own.

After just standing there and talking for over half an hour, she stretched out her limbs. "I can't wait for the race to start. I always hear how loud the engines are when they speed around, but I've never actually seen it."

"I think you'll like it." He said in thought. "Not as much as I do, but judging by the things you do like, I'd say, for you, this would at least be borderline satisfying."

She smiled. "Well, who knows? I might like it more than you think. It's a new experience after all."

He nodded with a smirk. "It sure is."

Not letting in a minute of silence, she suddenly gasped. "Oh crap! I forgot to tell you! Nat-chan isn't the only one coming here. The rest of STARISH are too!"

"They are?" An eyebrow raised. "Does eveyone just so happens to have a day off or something? What next? Quartet Night is also here?"

"Well, no. QN isn't here. And STARISH came here to accompany Natsuki, like how HEAVENS are here to support you, Kira and Yama."

"We aren't in the same hotel, are we?"

"Lucky for us, no."

"Thank god." He sighed in relief. "I just want this to be a HEAVENS family thing. We haven't had a 'vacation' since... Ever."

"Though, it's going to be impossible not to run into them."

"Then I hope it'll just be a one time thing."

They were lucky enough not to run into them today, with the exception of Natsuki, who greeted them both with a hug. Despite being surrounded by all seven members of HEAVENS, Natsuki's cheery personality never faltered and he could get along with everyone fairly well. Kira was happy to be surrounded by such cute mascots and Yamato was thankful the people who gave them the job didn't push them to wear a costume.

The day ended peacefully. The crowd depleted as the sun begins to set and everyone went back to the hotel with smiles on their faces.