Dreamer

"Sora-san, are you alright?" The brunette asked as he looked down at her.

Hikari tilted her head to the side. "Eiji?" She sat up straight. What was she sitting on? It's definitely not her bed.

"Thank goodness." The younger boy sighed. "I found you asleep here. Did you get dizzy or...?"

She blinked. "Where is 'here'?"

"The patio in our backyard. You're sitting on one of the chairs." He explained.

She blinked again. "Oh... Well, I guess that means I dozed off while walking around." She stretched. "Man, was I really that worn out?"

Eiji smiled softly at her. "Maybe you should take the rest of the day off. I mean, it's just two hours away from sunset. After you've rested up for the day, you can continue everything tomorrow."

She stood with a sigh. "As great as that sounds, I don't think I can afford to do that. There's bound to be more work shoved my way tomorrow too." She laughed sheepishly. "Eiichi's gonna kill me, isn't he?"

"Well... You do look rather um..."

"Rather...?"

"Rather... terrifyingly pale..." Eiji finished, his hand grasping his other elbow. "Nii-san would... probably scold you for not taking proper care of yourself."

"Let him. It'll be a boost to his pride."

"A boost?"

"He'll scold me, but no doubt he's gonna use bragging rights for it too. Like how I'm a kid and always need him around to help and stuff. If I can be honest, it's funny to hear him panic over small things."

"Well yes, but... Does he even need a boost for that?" Eiji sweatdropped.

"Maybe?" She shrugged. "I mean, he's been with your dad for nearly a full month now. It's almost White Day, right?"

"Mmhm." He looked up at the sky and smiled. "Sora-san, what should the concept of my song be about?"

"Anything you want." The raven haired girl replied nonchalantly. "I want to give Eiichi something since he was the one who took me out for Valentines, even if it's supposed to be the other way around. Any ideas?"

"I'm sure a text or a voice message from you would send him to heaven in a heartbeat." He replied with a chuckle.

She blushed and nudged him for the small hint of a teasing tone in his voice. "Oh come on, Eiji. He's not that dramatic."

"Oh, but he is." He said with the angelic smile she couldn't see. "He's a lot happier now that you're back..."

She nodded. "He did seem like he was forcing himself to do things when I first came."

Eiji nodded. "That's why I want to say thanks." He stopped and glanced at the girl who was just an inch or two shorter than him. He smiled. "On behalf of HEAVENS, thank you Sora-san."

~~~~~

"This sounds great, Nanami-san!" Eiji beamed happily as he replayed the audio file. Currently, he and Nanami are both in the meeting room. Much to the latter's disappointment, Hikari had to be elsewhere.

"I'm glad you like it!" Nanami said with a smile. "Admittedly, the concept you gave me was quite vague. But after listening to Mighty Aura again, this is what I came up with."

Eiji smiled sheepishly at that. "I apologize for that. I'll try to give you a much clearer one next time." Oh how he hoped there will be a next time.

Eiji decided to walk his way home, to think about the lyrics on the way, and by the time he reached he dorms, the sun was already setting. When he came in, he was greeted by the sight of Yamato passed out on the couch and Hikari tending to him.