You're Mine

Hikari had her phone in her hands, listening to the very short message he had sent. Well, at least I know he's alive...

She got out of bed and after doing her usual routine, she headed downstairs to the dining room. She was greeted by a tackle hug from the youngest member himself.

"Hikari!!" Nagi called out happily. "It's my turn soon, right?!"

Hikari smiled. "It is. You better start thinking about the concept."

He playfully saluted. "Will do! But first!" He grabbed her arms and pulled her towards his room. "Let's play some puzzles!"

Kira cleared his throat, earning both of their attentions. He pointed at the sandwiches on the dining table. Nagi got the idea and dragged her back to have breakfast.

~~~~~

"Something that will gain the attention of everyone who hears it!"

That's what he told them. Well, she wouldn't blame him. A lot of children were attention seekers, especially for their parents. Hikari unconciously twisted the pieces of the cube. The finished yellow side was undone and switched with other colours.

"Hikari! Have you seen my rubik?" Nagi asked, coming into the lounge room. When he didn't get a reply, he thought she was busy, but when he came closer, he found her fiddling with it with a blank look.

"Oi, Hikari." He called out to her with a pout. Hikari looked back at him. "Oh. Nagi, you're back."

"Yup yup!" He said happily. "Can I borrow my rubik back?"

"Sure thing." She handed it over to him and he glady accepted.

She heard the sound of the cube twisting and turning. He must be in a good mood...

"Ne, Hikari... I want to get lots of attention when the song is released! It's not enough if it's just the song, right? I need the lyrics to be cute too!" He said happily.

Hikari raised an eyebrow at this. "Nagi... Why are you always looking for attention?"

He shrugged. "Well, I mean... If my parents won't give it to me, I just have to look somewhere else, right?"

Her eyes widen. "I-I'm sorry..."

He shook his head. "Nah, it's not a secret." He thought back on that. "Okay, it's a secret to the public, but not to the rest of HEAVENS. It's not a sensitive topic to me either."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. My parents were jerks. They told me that I wasn't even supposed to be born. It's just that they couldn't afford the abortion. Since they didn't want me around, I left. I didn't mind since I didn't like them anyway, and I don't think they minded either. So it's a win-win."

"..."

"What about you, Hikari? I heard rumors saying you're an orphan too."

"Ah... That." She scratched her cheek. "Hmm... Where do I begin...?"

Nagi shifted. "Well, I mean, you don't have to tell me..."

"Oh, no, I don't mind either. Besides, it's only fair, right?" She smiled. Then she went back to her thoughts. "Hm... I remember my parents argued a lot... Then when they got divorced, they still weren't sure about who I should go with. They didn't want to bother with a blind child that can't do anyhing." She placed her chin on the palm. "I went with my dad, but when he found an orphanage, he didn't think twice about dropping me there."

Nagi nodded. "Wow, parents are jerks." He looked around cautiously and then leaned to her ear. "Raging included."

She snickered. "Yeah, i know."