Promises [Pt 2]

Panic stuck through my veins, flushing into my heart at an abnormal pace as her voice wavered. Never have I ever ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) heard her voice sound so delicate, desperate as if a butterfly had lost it's wings. "We'll be together no matter what. Please?" (y/n) practically begged with tears prickling her eyes, threatening to fall and burn her fragile face. "I can promise that" In return, I let out a reassuring smile. (y/n) leaped onto me in a tackle hug sort of way, refusing to neither let go or loosen up.

___

"Where...where am I?" (y/n)'s voice croaked out, giving their surroundings a good look over. Unable to recognise her own home. Home, but what was home to her exactly? A bed? A cushion? A field of grass or two eyes meeting her own? "Are you okay?" The eyes pulled away slightly, allowing space between the two and  the surrounding area to filter into view. Your voice came to a stop as you felt your heartbeat bursting and popping, then dramatically dropping each time. It became harder to breathe in life through your lungs, despair written all over your face. Was she really dying, there and then? "[Y/N]!" The harsh sound of stomp  stirred your heart into scarcity. Panicked and infuriated. "...Perry.." Miraculously, your voice had found itself and allowed it to pass through with slight ease.. Then it hits you, realisation kicks in and there before  you is your very own beloved partner in crime. "You..I..Haha..a promise is a promise..sorry.." His arms and thrown around you in a flash, cradling your limb and decaying body. "I'm so sorry I just..broke..it..."  With each word your voice cracked and slowly faded into the air. Coughs sputtered out and before you knew it, everything eased to exist in your mind.

Meanwhile, unable to cope with the sudden loss, your partner in crime mourns and weeps pitifully. Reciting the words "I love you" "I never got to tell you properly" over and over until he finally dropped you to hold his own face with guilt. The pain of knowing a promise made was broken on the same day created.