Chapter 11 - The Squirrels

A new day, a new beginning. I run down the stairs into the room where my Mother was being taken care of. This is the first time I get to see her, I haven't seen her ever since she got sick. I open the door, letting the creaking sounds wake Mother up. I smile when I see her hand when opening the door. I run into the room, standing next to my Mother who lies on her bed. I realise her pale face and a darkness under her eyes, her face looks melted and her arms are cold. Her breathing is steady, yet forced. Mother's cold eyes darted towards me, the colour of her eyes have lost it's passion, the colour lighter than her normal eye colour. I can hear her attempts of saying my name, she takes a deep breath.

"Amy..." She croaks. She tries to take my hand, I take her hand, feeling it shake violently.

"Mother... Are-... Are you alright?" I ask. I am scared to even get an answer. I hear the door burst fully open behind me. Father glares at me.

"What are you doing here?" Father snapped. I stare at my Father, his pupils shaking with fear, he grabs my hand violently and tosses me out the room. He starts to close the door, and the last thing I see... Mother reaching out to me, her eyes loosing the last piece of life it held. The door slams, along with my heart beats. I walk back to my rose garden, I see Sonic and Shadow there every day, I love to hang out with them, I'd love to laugh again on this sad day. 

I see Shadow there, he's alone. I look around, waiting for Sonic to poke his head around a corner, waiting for Shadow to turn to me and smirk while Sonic sneaks up behind me. Instead, Shadow turns to me, he's wearing his normal frown but he looks serious. 

"Where have you been? You need to meet the new family." Shadow says. I feel a tap on my shoulder. 

"Sonic-"

"Hurry, we need to leave." Father says. 

"Where's Sonic?" 

"We'll meet him there, my Rose." Shadow says, comforting me. 

I see, at the border of the Kingdom of the Dark's ashes and my rose gold Kingdom. Two Squirrels stand in the middle, both brown, both wearing not very formal clothes. I could obviously see Sally. A small crown is placed on her head, she's wearing pants and a very open shirt. Her eyes sparkle brown and her feet are covered by black boots. I see Sonic and Shadow, it seemed, that our hearts stopped at the same time we saw Sally. Shadow turns his head away, obviously not interested in Sally. Sonic raises an eye-brow, obviously judging on how to looks and trying to think what her personality may be. I walk to Sally, both my hands grab onto the sides of my dress and a bow down to Sally.

"You must be Princess Amy." Sally says roughly. Her voice sounds so sweet yet she seems like she wants to be intimidating. I pull my house out from behind and shake her hand. Sally's eyes land on Shadow and Sonic, the both of them stare at her, Sonic stares at her with amazement while Shadow keeps his monotone face on. "Prince Shadow and... Prince Sonic..." She says.

"Sup?" Sonic greets.

"Afternoon." Shadow says politely as usual.

"I guess we'll be hanging out a lot." She says as she crosses her arms impatiently.

"Yeah, I guess we'll be great friends!" I giggle.

"Amy, my dear, while we have something to eat with Sally's parents, you can take her to your room and get ready to hang out with the boys, maybe change clothes." Father suggests.

"Sounds like a great idea, nice to meet you Princess Amy." Sally's Father says. "I'm King Nigel, but you can just call me Nigel." He says with a big smile. Nigel seems to be the opposite of Sally, he's full of energy and has the patience.