Chapter 5 - Just a Kiss

I run over to my bed that Cream was laying on. She's crying, tears going down her cheeks and her hand over her mouth as if she had witnessed something terrible.

"Cream? What's wrong?" I ask, panicking. Cream removes her hand from her mouth, and that's when I see nothing wrong with her. She's smiling, she's overcome with joy for some reason.

"Tails... He... He..." Cream mutters as she keeps crying.

"What did he do?" I question her.

"He kissed me!" Cream yells, her smile growing bigger as more tears go down her cheeks. I sigh in awe, thankful nothing bad happened to her, Cream started to tell me what happened, it's like story-time.

I sat down and got ready for Cream's story, I as being a really exited puppy.

"Excuse me... I need to clean here." Cream said, opening the door to the royal scientists room.

"Oh, you're here again! It may sound weird but I do enjoy a little company here... Even if you are just here to clean." Tails said, opening the door wide so Cream could bring here cleaning equipment in.

"I'm glad you enjoy my company, Mr Tails." Cream greeted. He smiled as she walked into the room with her bucket filled with cleaning materials. Cream looks around the room, she sees many messes that need to be cleaned. "This will take about... two hours?"

"Oh, you get to stay longer this time!" Tails cheered. Cream's face turned a light red as Tails grabbed the cleaning materials. "I don't have anything to do, let me help you with that."

"Thank you, Mr Tails..." Cream said, hiding her blushing face.

"You can just call me Tails, actually, I have a gift for you." Tails said, grabbing a box from his desk. The box is yellow with a orange ribbon around it, Cream opens the box. Her eyes begin to go teary when she finds a necklace.

"I... I don't know what to say, thank you!" Cream sniffed. Tails scratches the back of his head nervously.

"It's my latest, I made this with something called 'chaos gems', the Kingdom of the Dark let me have one for my experiments." Tails explained.

"What is it?" Cream asked.

"I want to make some sort of protection out of one gem and make it so the person won't be able to get hurt, so, what I just gave you... Was kind of like a piece of armor, so, you can't get hurt."

"Why would you give it to me, Tails?" Cream asked, putting the necklace on.

"Uh... Well... I don't want anything to happen to you, I kinda like you around..." Tails said. Cream gives a big smile. She runs to Tails and gives him a hug, Tails face goes red, so does Cream. Tails' fist suddenly scrunches up, Cream lifts her head to find Tails sweating.

"Mr Tails?" Cream said, placing her palm on his cheek. Tails shakes his head and pulls Cream's lips onto his.

"Sorry!" Tails yelled, leaving the room.

I gasp in surprise, Tails likes Cream! I always knew that they would be perfect together. Cream stuffs her face into my pillow as I clap my hands excitedly.

"I told you!" I scream. Cream covers my mouth.

"Please don't scream it out loud... Miss Amy." Cream pleads. I sigh in awe and give Cream a hug. "What do I do next time I see him?" Cream asks me frantically.

"Kiss him." I chuckle. Cream digs her face back into my pillow, I could barely hear her voice, she muffling something in the pillow. "What?"

"I really like him..." Cream mumbles. I give Cream another hug and tell her it's ok. I hear a knock on my door.