Chapter 10 - His Tears

Weeks had gone by, Sonic couldn't look at his Father no longer. Nothing but shame is what King Sen wore when Father let them go.

Word spread across, King Fire couldn't stand having such a scum in his dungeon, he let King Sen, his wife and his soldiers leave to their ruined Kingdom. The citizens were nothing but starving and hopeless. King Sen did what he did best, he made everyone forget his mistakes, the sun once again shined on the Royal Wind family. Everything was taken back, yet, there is such an icy cold distance between the Kingdom of the Wind and Rose. However, the friendship between the three Kingdom's children were not broken. I, Princess Amy is close to Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow the hedgehog. Nothing changed between us, Shadow and Sonic both kept jokingly dueling over me. Shadow and Sonic would comfort me in any situation, they both made me smile when I didn't want to.

Today, Shadow and Sonic couldn't make me smile today...

Mother grew sicker everyday after the war, it came to the point to when Mother couldn't even stand. Her legs, always shaking, her arms turned into noodles. Father wouldn't talk to anyone, he fell into despair as he was before. Mother tried her best to fight the virus, for Father's sake. I cried like nothing before, alone in the garden, my tears watered my roses. Sonic and Shadow found me, they didn't ask what's wrong, they didn't say a word. Sonic stood there, not knowing what to do in such a situation, it broke his heart to see me crying such a wave. Shadow sighed deeply, he walked towards me with great caution. I wrapped his arms around me, without thinking, I turn around and dig my face into his chest and sob my heart out.

"Ames..." Sonic whispers. Sonic has never seen me cry, in fact, he hasn't seen anyone cry in-front of him. His family lives with the word happiness under their chins, his Kingdom had no reason to cry, at least, they didn't have a need to cry before. Sonic has never returned to his Father and Mother, he said he needed time, his parents need some time as well. For as bad as it sounds, I'm glad Sonic wanted to stay with me. Shadow also has to stay here with me, their Kingdom had burned down into just ashes. Some precious belongings were saved, thanks to the shelter of some stone.

"Let it out..." Shadow says softly. I do, not wanting to do anything else, not wanting to stop. Sonic sat on a stone bench, his head hanging around hopelessly. I try to lift my head to face Shadow, but, my strength completely left me. Shadow sees my attempts, he places his hand on my chin, and lifts my head to meet his.

"I'm sorry..." I sniff. The tears were never-ending, never have felt such sadness within me, it made my heart ache and made my head swirl. Shadow places his warm lips on mine slowly, he leans forward, tasting my lips. We stay like this for a few seconds, he finally lets go. My eyes widen in surprise, my tears has stopped going down my face. Shadow smiles lightly.

"I've felt your pain many times, all you need is someone who loves you to be there for you in your toughest times. I can only imagine, you've been with your friends in their toughest times, have you not?" Shadow asks. I could not help remembering my friends. Cream's Father past away, leaving only her Mother to take care of everything. I would sleepover at Cream's little cottage in the village, she would mourn over her Father's death. I wouldn't let go of her until she stopped crying, her tears would leave big marks on my dress, yet, I didn't care.

"This is how they felt..." I mumble. Shadow brushes my head softly, his touch comforted me. Sonic sighs with relief.

"Thank mobius!" Sonic exclaims. I giggle, Shadow lets me out of his grasp. Sonic gives me a small hug.

"You should learn, Faker." Shadow scoffs. My smile returned, thanks to my two princes. Even though my smile came back, my Father's didn't. I heard his crying through his door. Mother is under the care of my friends, mostly Cream.