He's mocking me, I can tell.

Momentarily he disconnects he kiss to rip off his shirt. As he throws it across the room I have time to ogle at his muscles. I rake my eyes up his body, to his face. Enjoying the view slowly.

Greyson rolls his eyes as me, quickly arching his back to reconnect our kiss. My hands seem to be pulled to his torso, as if it was screaming 'touch me.' So that's what I did.

As my hands roam around his body, his hands start to grab at the material of my shirt.

I'm too entranced by the kiss to really react, dazed and confused they say.

But as the shirt gets halfway up my stomach, the dull ache in my lower back makes an appearance.

Perfect timing, I think sarcastically. Though it's only dull, I can handle it.

But of course, nothing goes good for me. And immediate pain shoots to my spinal cord, worse pain than the time before. Feeling as if someone is snapping it in half.

So in the moment of pain, my jaw reflexes and I bite down harshly onto Greyson's lip. I hear a nice ripping noise as he instantly pulls back.

My eyes widen as he pulls his hand to his lips, and pulls back examining his hand. Once he makes eye contact with me, I look to his hand. What I witness is blood. Red, thick blood blanketing his finger tips.

He stares at me with a concerning look.

I just bit into his lip, drawing blood.

Greyson opens his mouth to question me, but my back suddenly constricts with the pain. My back arches incredibly, making me look like I'm having an exorcism.

I hear sharp screams, and it takes me a while to notice those are my screams.

Tears escape my eyes as my back arches, constricts, and contorts. "I'm here Willa," I can make out Greyson's soothing voice in between my screams.

"Make it stop! Make it stop!" I plead to anyone who can help it stop, though I don't think anyone can. My spine cracks and crumbles as I flail on the bed mattress.

Suddenly I hear a soft, "Okay," before Greyson softly pushes me back down to the bed, holding me in place. Even if my body wants to constrict with pain, it can't budge against his strength.

I scream, I cry, I plead, though my spine feels as if it's splitting.

But as soon as I think to myself I'm going to die, the pain disappears. Almost instantly, and is replaced with a new subtle pain in my neck.

Panting, I quickly feel Greyson's teeth back in my flesh where my mark is. Though the pain this time is small, almost nonexistent. Now I just feel, warm and fuzzy. Instead of fearing if my life is ending.

Though blood still runs violently down my collarbone.

When he pulls back, the pain in my spine is already forgotten.

Just like the first time, he gently lifts my head replacing the pillow beneath my head. I barely catch a glimpse of the blood stained pillowcase. "What happened?" I rasp out, from all of the screaming.

Greyson still hovers above me, though his mischievous light that's always hidden in his face isn't there. "You scared me little one," he laughs with no humor behind it.

He looks away kissing the palm of my hand, "Hey I'm alright now." I reassure him, but I barely believe it myself.

"You took away the pain. I'm alright Grey." He nods and his bottom lip puckers slightly, still covered in blood. Either from me biting him, or him biting me. "Come here," I softly tell him wrapping my arms around his neck.

Instantly he responds by wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close to him. He buries his head in the crook of my neck. The one he didn't bite.

He inhales my scent deeply, "You scared me so damn much." He mumbles against my skin.

"I know, I know. I-I don't know what happened. It just appeared all of the sudden," I think. "What happened?" I repeat myself.

"Maybe this is an after effect of marking a human mate?" He thinks out loud, "There aren't many human and werewolf mates." This makes me smile softly for some reason, "You're one in a billion Willa." He tells me, lightly kissing my neck.

Soon enough I fall asleep, with my arms wrapped around Greyson. His arms wrapped around me.

~~~

Suddenly I wake up from the morning nap, but there's no presence next to me. I take a deep breath patting the bed next to me making sure he's not there.

Just as I though, he's not.

"...it'll happen soon." I hear Greyson's distant voice. Making me wonder who he's talking to, how he even got out of bed without me knowing.

I try to pry open my eyes, but the headache mustering in my head tells me otherwise.

Groaning I cringe, the pulsating ache radiating through my brain.

"She's awake, talk to you later." Greyson says quickly, a whoosh of air following after. "Hey little one," his voice comes from beside me suddenly.

Damned werewolf speed.

He kisses my hairline suddenly. He sits next to me on the bed, from the sudden weight denting the bed telling me so.

Rubbing my head, I refuse to open my eyes.

"Who were you talking to?" I whisper out.

He strokes my arm soothingly, "Ah it was just my mother. I was telling her about you," Grey tells me even though I can sense something else hidden in his words.

I don't bother to question him about it, even if it's at the back of my mind telling me to push him for answers. But I mentally wave it off.

"Okay," I whisper trying to not let my suspiciousness get the best of me.