The Party Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

"It's been too long Sparky" he tries to bring back his old nickname for me that i've always hated, and is surprised when i don't glare at him for using it "wow, you really are going soft these days huh? I guess that's love for you." 

"yeah" luckily i don't go as far as blushing "i guess it is. But don't think i won't still kick your ass if you wind me up Crash because i can always do with an outlet to vent on." 

"Oh trust me, i know not to mess with you" he turns and quickly hands another killjoy her drink before addressing Party "so Poison, looks like you managed to wear down the one killjoy who i thought might be able to resist you." 

"Oh shut up" He squirms a little "if anything i had to save her life before she'd even look at me." 

"Well that's what you get for making me save your ass and then crashing my mission" I give him a playful elbow "although i guess it was mainly Ghoul's fault i got hurt, so i won't blame that one on you." 

"Where is Ghoul anyway?" Crash changes the subject, thank god. There's only so much i can take of people trying to get us to talk about our relationship and go all mushy. No way am i ever going to be lovey-dovey around anyone else except Party. If there was one thing i learned working behind the bar here it's that everyone hates people you flaunt their relationships in other's faces. 

"Probably making out with Cyanide somewhere" Kobra says as he rejoins our group. Already he's being dragged into everyone conversations - they all want to talk to him about how he managed to figure it all out. To be honest he probably doesn't want to talk to them though - he'd be happier staying with us for the night. "I saw her arrive earlier and he disappeared about five minutes later to follow her." 

"We probably won't see them for a while then" Party chuckles as Kobra is pulled away by another group of killjoys that want to ask him about the new batteries. He gives me a pleading look but i just shrug. He's going to have to suck it up for the evening - at least everyone's offering to buy him drinks in celebration. 

"Where did Jet, Sliver and Neon go?" I ask. He nods in the direction of the dance floor, where i can see Jet's hair just about peeking out over the crowd. 

"On the dance floor - did you want a go?" He takes my hand in his "i wasn't sure weather dancing was your thing or not. You don't strike me as the sort, but i bet you'd still enjoy it." I bit my lip, glancing from him to the dance floor, where i could just about see Silver and Neon dancing with a group of killjoys i'd never met before. 

"To be honest, i've never even tried it" I take a gulp of my drink "i mean, as a kid obviously i went to a few disco's, but i haven't danced since i was about twelve years old." 

"In that case, come on" He keeps hold of my hand and pulls me away from the bar, towards the throng of people all too drunk to care what bad dance moves they pulled. There is a live band tonight, which is unusual for The Battery, and i have to admit they're pretty damn good. "They're called The Mad Gear And The Missile Kid, they're from zone two!" He yelled at me over the music before dragging us further into the crowd. 

Once we're near enough to the barriers we start jumping up and down. It doesn't matter that we don't know the lyrics - we jump for all our might and there's a ton of people crowd surfing, moshing, even stage diving. 

The mosh pit is pretty calm as no one actually wants to get hurt before tomorrow, but there's a small one all the same. No matter which way the crowd moves or how crushed it becomes, Party still makes sure that we don't get separated, and when i yell over to him that i'm going for water, he follows me. 

 We grab waters and head upstairs, out into the cool air for a moment so we can get away from the heat. 

"Woah, that was great" I say between gulps of water. 

"Yeah" He finished his cup and places it on the roof of the trans am "it was nice to let off steam before tomorrow." 

"Oh yeah. Tomorrow" i frown, causing him to tilt my head up to face his. He kisses me briefly, only pulling away so he can speak. 

"Don't worry. It's going to work. We're got twice the numbers than they will expect us to have. And with the droids too, we'll easily overpower those dracs. And when our group take down Korse and his inner circle, we'll be able to take down BL/ind for good." 

"And Battery City will belong to us again yeah i know" I sigh, gripping hold of the front of his jacket "i'm more concerned about the people we'll lose before we get to that part. When we're fighting our way into the city and the dracs are coming from all directions." 

"We'll get through it" He seems to determined that i can almost believe him "we've got each other's backs. It's not even worth thinking about Spark, it won't change anything by worrying about what might or might not happen." 

"You're right. I just... This is why i don't get close to people. Now i have so much to lose, so much that they could take from me like that" i snap my fingers "and that's going to make me weaker when i'm out there." 

"You're wrong" he insists "that makes you stronger that ever. That makes us stronger than ever." 

---

Leaving it there. 

Next chapter the shit's going to start going down ;D