Live Alone, Die Alone

Fuck.

The one time i decide to do a good deed and help someone out when they're in trouble, and the whole thing has to come back around and bite me in the butt. Why couldn't they just keep to their own elite killjoy parties or whatever it is they spend their time doing? Why did they have to chose to come to The Battery on the day i was bar tending?

Party Poison's busy talking to the blonde killjoy of the group, who i'm guessing by the similar smiles on his face is his brother, making him Kobra Kid. It's easy to pick up the names when you hang around all the other killjoys for long enough.

Behind them is the one i'd already identified as Fun Ghoul. I've heard plenty of girls swooning over him in the past. Hell, they'd swoon over all four at a time when they had the chance. The last guy to walk through the door has a mass of brown afro and a smiley face, which i instantly identify as having to be Jet Star. I've been told he was the kindest of all the fabulous four, so it seems fitting that he is the one who looks the most approachable.

"Party! Kobra!" Crash yells from a few mere meters away from me where he is leaning against the bar. "Get over here! It's been way too long!"

I start to panic, wondering how i'm going to get out of this now. So i do the first thing that comes into my head - i drop to my knees and crawl out the other end of the bar, and just in time to. As i stand up, brushing the dust off my knees, the four killjoys reach the bar. Crash is busying high fiving them all, looking excited to see them all again.

"Hey Spark.." I hear him trail off as i push through the crowd. "Oh, she was here just a minute ago. Anyway, how's Dr D?" And just like that, the conversation is changed, my name quickly forgotten. I shove past the dancing killjoys, determined to get out of sight. For once I'm actually cursing my bright shade of hair for being so recognisable. There's no way I need the fuss of everyone finding out that I saved the fabulous four. They'd be shocked I actually helped them in the first place, but perhaps not so surprised that I ran off afterwards. Most people have gotten use to my live alone/die alone lifestyle by now to know that I don't stick around to make friends.

Attention has never been something i craved, and today is no exception. So i'm not satisfied until i've crossed the room completely, leaning against the wall when i finally reach it. I look over at where the fabulous four are still talking at the bar, their glasses full and their smiles wide. I notice that Ghoul seems to be explaining something in great detail, his hands flying all over the place as Crash listens. there comes one bit where Crash's eyes go wide in surprise, and then realisation. His eyes start to scan the room again, so i slide down behind a crowd of people who are dancing, pretending to be pulling my boots up. 

After a good minute i bop my head back up, seeing that he's still talking to the killjoys, but no longer looking around the room. I think i stand there for a good ten minutes, just watching them all converse and trying to keep out of anyone's way. 

Eventually they all leave the bar and head for the dance floor, giving me the perfect opportunity to sneak around the side and jump back over behind the bar, smoothing down my clothes as i do so. I've only just turned back to serve a customer when Crash grips me by the arm, a playful smirk on his face. 

"Where did you get to?" Normally he wouldn't care when i took my breaks, so i instantly know that he knows something. And knowing him, he'll try and worm it out of me rather than just admitting it himself. 

"Just cooling down" i shrugged. "Now can you let go of my arm before i make you?" 

"Sorry" he immediately drops his grip, but doesn't give up. "But seriously, was it because the fabulous four came in?"