Chapter Eight

(Flashback)

"Bryshere, I'm sorry."

"No you aren't."

"Yes I am, please forgive me."

"Nah cuz you don't mean it."

"Fine be mad then."

"That's What I'm doing Kai."

"Baby I'm sorry I don't mean to slap you."

"Yes you did."

"You right, that shit was funny too."

"Yeah, but it won't be so funny when I hit you back."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me." I hit her in the arm playfully.

"Owww that hurt." Kai said laughing. She sat back in her seat and closed her eyes.

"BRYSHERE LOOK OUT!!"

Present Day; 2 hours later

I've been out here waiting on Bryshere for 30 minutes and he still hasn't shown up. I called for the 10th time and got his voicemail again. . . "Aye wassup . . . Yo I'm kidding dis my voicemail, leave a message".

"Where the fuck are you? I've been waiting here for 30 minutes and I don't see your car. You know what, don't worry about it. I'll walk home bye."

I picked my bag up off the ground and began walking. Until I heard someone calling my name.

"HEY MAKAIA WAIT UP!" I turned and saw that kid Bryshere introduced me to this morning before school.

"What's up Algee?"

"What's up with you?"

"What're you talking bout?"

"You bout to walk home?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because Bryshere ain't here to take me home."

"Well I can't let you walk home by yourself, so either you can let me walk with you, or I can drive you home."

"Algee, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

"Car it is. Come on."

"I just said I'll be fine."

"I don't care just let me take you home."

"Ight man whatever." I followed Algee to his car and got in. He got in and started her up hooking up the aux chord. Apparently was playing and I immediately began singing.

"I keep my head high.
I got my wings to carry me.
I don't know free throw.
I want my dreams to rescue me."