Chapter 31-Edited

Start from the beginning

I should probably get some sleep since I have an early morning. I had Chris do some investigating, and he was able to find some information about Zack that will help us trace him. I know that he's going to be on the move soon, so we have to make sure that we get to his next destination before him. We'll meet him and his group there, and I'll kill everyone who had a part in taking Elizabeth away from me.

I lay my head down on the arm rest and close my eyes. I move around a bit to try and get comfortable, but I stop when I realize that's not going to happen. I won't be able to sleep properly until I get my mate back.

I take in a deep breath and remind myself that I'll be with her soon.

I feel my eyes closing, and I welcome sleep.

Elizabeth's POV

"Again!" I take a deep breath and try to pin Carter to the ground for the 10th time tonight. He easily dodges my attack and I let out a groan of frustration.

"I don't want to do this anymore! I've tried every single day for the past 5 days, and nothing has happened! I'm sick of this training!" I give Carter a glare before I try to walk away. I only make it a few steps before I feel a gentle hand grab my wrist.

"Liz, you need to do this..."

"I don't want to do this anymore. I'm not good at fighting. I'm weak, and I can't do it." The hand on my wrist tightens to the point where it's almost painful, and I let out a quiet gasp.

"Don't say that!" Carter growls at me. He looks as frustrated as I am.

"Why not? It's the truth." He opens his mouth to say something before he stops. He stares at me for a few moments before a smirk makes its way onto his face. The atmosphere around the two of us changes dramatically. My face scrunches up in confusion and I'm immediately on guard.

"You know what? You're right. You are pretty weak." My eyes narrow slightly at him. He has an arrogant smirk on his face and I let out a puff of air.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"No, I'm just telling the truth. I'm sick and tired of listening to you complain. I don't even know why I bothered to act like I actually liked you." I can't help but feel slightly hurt by what he just said. He was only pretending? This entire time, he didn't even like me.

Whatever, I don't need him.

"Fine then, you don't have to pretend anymore." A dark look creeps onto his face and I swallow nervously. I try to take a step back, but then I remember that he's still holding my wrist.

"Good." Before I can even react, I'm on the ground laying on my stomach. My wrists are wrapped behind my back and my legs are being held down by one of his legs. I squirm around trying to get free, but he just holds on even tighter.

He lets out an evil laugh and I start getting a little scared. I shouldn't have trusted him. I should've just ignored him when he said he was trying to help me. This is what I get for being so naive.

"You're honestly so pathetic. I was hoping that I would at least have more of a challenge, but whatever. I'm still going to have fun killing you." I try to free one of my arms or legs, but I can't get out of his hold.

Suddenly, a cool piece of metal is placed on my neck. I stop moving around and stare at the knife in shock.

"I wouldn't move around so much if I were you. You might cut yourself." The teasing tone in Carter's voice makes my blood boil, and I wish that I could actually do something.

"Aw, poor little helpless Elizabeth. You have such soft skin. Did you know that?" He questions as he runs a hand down my left arm. I try to use that moment to free one of my hands, but he has both of them wrapped in one of his. I growl and try to think of a way out of this. I can't seem to think of anything because my mind is clouded with hurt. I trusted him, and he was just lying to me. He never wanted to help me. I was so stupid to trust him. This entire week, he's been so nice and patient with me while I try to improve my fighting and learn how to use my "powers." I can't believe that I didn't notice what his real intentions were.