Without a word, he handed you a telescope.

You snatched it from his grip and focused on the deck of the warship.

At first, all you could see was a bunch of unknown marines running on the deck. You frantically scanned the whole ship.

You throat clenched when you caught a glimpse of bright pink hair.

Killer noticed your gasp.

«A friend of yours?»

You slowly lowered the telescope.

«A good marine.» you answered, eyes fixed to the dark ship.

«Tell me about him.»

You turned to Killer, a resolute expression on your face, and pressed the telescope against his muscular chest. He took it back.

«No.»

A dense silence fell in the nest.

«He's coming at us maximum speed. He wants to engage.»

Your eyebrows had a twitch.

«Tell me about his strengths, and I promise his death will be quick. If Kid catches him, he's going to slaughter him and force you to watch.»

You put all you had in keeping a neutral expression.

Killer gave you a few more seconds, then shrugged.

«Very well then.»

With his super human speed, he grabbed your wrist and, before you could blink, you were handcuffed to a hook on the mast.

«WHA...!»

The blond then extracted a gagball from his pocket.

You desperately tugged at your restrain.

«Killer, please!» you choked «Just let me go! No one has to die tonight!»

«I'm sorry, girl.»

You trashed around, trying to kick him and avoid being silenced, but it was no use. He easily held you in place and shoved the gagball in your mouth.

All your squirming and muffled screams were useless.

The pirate secured the tool behind your head and observed you for a moment before heading to the door.

«It will be over soon.»

«Captain! Do we have to prepare the cannons?»

«No.» Koby crossed his arms, gaze on the pirate ship «[Y/n]'s safety is our top priority. We need to get as close as possible.»

Helmeppo grimaced, leaning beside him as the soldier saluted and left.

«This was an awful idea, Koby.»

«We've already been through this.»

«It's the Kid Pirates we're talking about!» the blond uttered.

The captain gritted his teeth.

«Exactly! How can you sleep at night, knowing that our friend is held captive by those monsters?»

«I really try my best not to think about it.» Helmeppo groaned «It's been a week! I know you don't wanna hear it, but at this point she's probably--»

«Enough!» Koby snapped, hitting the railing with his fist «No one forced you to come. This is a volunteer mission, after all.»

The other pouted, hurt.