8 Truth hurts

JJK POV

While walking down the empty halls, I couldn't help but blush.

Taehyung was just walking beside me as if nothing had just happened. Hands inside his pockets with his head looking straight forward. Well, nothing did happen, right?

By the time we both got to my classroom, I could hear tons of murmuring. Some were giggling but most were arguing about something. I didn't seem to care much about their 'conversations' until I heard my name.
As I opened the door, everyone looked at me with mixed expressions. The boys looked quite worried and some of the girls were fuming in anger, not at me but someone else. Through the corner of my eye, a group of girls from earlier were looking at me with smirking faces. That certain girl that was flirting with Taehyung this morning, walked in front of the class and sat on the teacher's desk with her hands on her back supporting her weight and then crossed her legs. Now, that I know her name, might as well call her that.

Irene was smirking at me. I quickly averted my gaze from hers and proceeded to my seat. But when I got there, my body froze and I could feel tears brimming by my eyelids. The image in front of me was too heartbreaking.

My desk was full of trash, there were writings on it— words that truly hurt me and I'd rather not read more. Under it, all of my books were soaked in water inside a pail. My pens were all broken in half. And even all of my finished work were all ripped into tiny pieces. I did all of my best to answer that and now they're ruined.

My hands clenched into fists, my stomach churned and my legs felt like they've turned to jelly. I wasn't angry, just hurt— really hurt.

"Yah! What the hell are you guys doing? Standing around, not caring if his books would be damaged? And here I was, planing to borrow it." Out of nowhere, a deep voice resonated from behind me— Taehyung? Was he protecting me? Even if it was impossible, I couldn't get rid of that tiny hope building up inside me that maybe, just maybe, he'd help me out.

"Ugh.. " Irene scoffed. "Why the fuck do you even care about this mask guy?! Didn't you always prefer us — me, over some piece of shit? What's going on with you?! Did you change your taste on girls? Coz if you did, it's.... " She shot me a glare and continued, "disgusting— to even kiss such a shit-faced boy like him.. "

Sting

Ouch.. That hurt..

I turned to Taehyung who was now standing beside me. As wrong as it seems, I expected to see him react but all I saw was a blank expression. His eyes showed no feelings but annoyance. Those tears I fought to keep in was slowly escaping my eyelids. No! I shouldn't cry...

"You're so nosy." He passed by me, purposely bumping my shoulder. I watched him walk near that girl and went in between her legs, placing both of his hands on her waist and her legs. "If it's about kissing, didn't I already do that with you before?"

What?

"Oh really?" she hopped off of the table with a satisfied face and snaked her perfectly polished fingernails on Taehyung's shoulder. "Then, why don't we continue this somewhere else? "

I looked down while sniffing. I couldn't help it but just let the tears fall. When my gaze fell on my burning wrist, the heart-shaped mark was now fading almost completely. I felt my own heart sting like daggers stabbing right through it. I perked up and saw that a group of girls is surrounding Taehyung, reaching up to his neck and slowly pulling it down.

Even though his words were flirtatious, I thought he may have been a good guy but.. Just as I thought, -I can never kiss with half-hearted feelings. If it's that kind of kiss, I'd rather be unfortunate.

I didn't want to do this but maybe I had to. I marched towards them with a burning mark on my wrist and called out to him. The moment he faced me, I grabbed his collar and punched him right on his cheek. After that, I received a lot of shouts from the girls around him but I never averted my eyes away from his shocked ones. While he was massaging his cheek, I stated,

"For a moment, I thought you were different... I I want you to change. I want you to fall in love properly..."

All hope for me was gone. Seconds from now, this mark will disappear and I'll have to live with misfortune all my life. I don't have to complain. I chose this. I chose to live my life in a miserable way than to kiss that one person who could only care less about my feelings.

I stared at the stumbling figure in front of me, launching himself to my direction and making me step backward. I wanted to run away but before I could do so, a hand has already took hold of my burning wrist, pulling it forward. And before I know it, I felt a pair of lips on mine.

At that moment, I couldn't even blink. My eyes were opened wide from shock. There's this familiar feeling in my stomach that makes me feel all tingly from the inside. My body felt really numb. I couldn't feel anything but those lips moving on mine.

It took him a couple of seconds to pull away and look at me and I swear I saw his eyes turn from brown to greyish blue slowly.

What on earth is happening here?

He just stood there staring down at me with an expression I can't explain. One of his hands reached for my right cheek that had dried tear stains and caressed the flesh until his thumb brushed through my lower lip.

For a moment there, all the gasps were muffled and all I could hear was my heart beating so fast as if it was going to fall off my chest. I looked at him with a confused and embarrassed expression written all over my face. I wanted to look down but he lifted my chin, causing me to look up and meet those mesmerising orbs of his.

I felt so lost beneath his stare. It was like he was caging me in a place where escaping would mean nothing. The situation became a little bit awkward since-well, picture this. We're in the middle of the classroom being surrounded by students who are watching intensely at our every move like if they would blink, they'd miss something. That's what I thought until he spoke up.

"Now I know why you irritate me so much, Jeon.

I think I may have fallen in love with you already...

(EDITED)