Prologue

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
-Harriet Tubman

  ✨🌕✨

When I was a child I always had a nightmare. I'll wake up in the middle of the night crying and I would run to my mother's room.

"Jungkook, look at the stars." She said her arms were draped on my stomach hugging me. "Do you know why they shine?"

I shook my head at her.

"Because we are all stars," she said smiling her eyes were shining. "They said our soul was divided into three, one is inside you," she pointed at my chest and I chuckled. "One is inside the stars."

"When our soul leaves our body -"

"You mean like when we die? Are you going to leave me mom?"

Her eyes widened a little bit at that. "No baby, who told you that?"

My eyes started to water. "M-my classmates said you're going to die because you always have that thing on your head all the time."

She gasped before pulling me into her chest and I started sobbing again. "Oh my poor Kookie," then she touched both of my cheeks to make me look at her. "Listen to me sweetie."

I nodded before wiping my eyes.

"I won't die okay? I won't leave my pretty boy. I just need to go to the night sky to become a star." Then she pinched my cheeks.

"So you will still leave?"

She smiled sadly at me, her fingers stroking my head. "Of course not darling, because I'm always here." She said her hands were in my chest.

"Just remember this Jungkook." She moved her hand to my cheeks. "If the time comes that you won't be able to see me anymore, don't be sad, just look at the stars and know that I'm always watching over you, shining just for you."

                          ✨🌒✨

I woke up in the middle of the night, my chest rising up and down, my head covered with sweat and my hands were shaking.

No, no I still want to sleep. No please bring me back. Tears were flowing out of my eyes before screaming and screaming frustrated that no matter what I do nothing will happen.

I cried in silence looking up at the pitch-black sky with no stars to be found.

I hugged myself tightly thinking of the warm hands that embraced me in my dream.

Mom..

I can't do this alone without you.