Dissaproval

A/N:

First request, here we go! May do a part two if at least five people want it :0

____

"(Y/N), where ya off ta'?" Race inquired from the couch of the lodging house. He had seen (Y/N), coat and everything, just attempt to leave the building after sunlight hours. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Going out. I'll be back in a few hours." She retorted, opening the door. Race frowned and shook his head disapprovingly.

"I'm going too then, it ain't safe fo' a goil to be out alone at night." He argued, standing up. (Y/N)'s eyes widened for a second and she shook her head anxiously at her brother, forcing a smile on her face.

"I-it's really not necessary Race. I'm just headed over to Brooklyn to get-" She began.

"Brooklyn!?" Race cut his baby sister off, his eyes wide. "Well now have to go with ya! What if one of Spot's cronies targets ya?" He crossed his arms.

Spot.

(Y/N)'s heart fluttered at the mention of his name. The two had been together in secret for around a month now, but they had met somewhere around a year ago when (Y/N) was indeed jumped by his boys.

The two had then spent time getting to know eachother, but really only became close during the strike - Jack had sent (Y/N) over to talk with him since he knew that Spot wouldn't soak a girl. Somehow, though, he didn't catch on how much or how badly the two were pining after one another.

Eventually, around last month or so, (Y/N) worked up enough courage to invite Spot out to a diner with her for a lunch date. The date had gone well, and the two briefly made out afterwards - until (Y/N) realized she had to get home before Race destroyed her.

So this brings her back to the present. She'd constantly sneak out at night to meet him at the bridge. Sometimes their meeting would be short, others could last all night and make (Y/N) lack energy the whole day.

"They won't." She stated, then suddenly ran out. There was no way Race was going to stop her from seeing her boy.

____

Race silently trailed behind (Y/N), and she somehow didn't notice him. She was dashing through the streets, looking eager to get somewhere. He stayed hidden in the shadows and ducked into alleyways when she looked behind her.

Eventually she arrived at the Brooklyn bridge, offsetting him. He knew she planned on going to Brooklyn, but why didn't she take the shortcut down the street like the rest of the newsboys did? She would get killed by Spot's boys!

He was about to interfere when he realized that there was speaking. He peeked his head from behind a wall, only to be shocked beyond belief.

Spot was there. So was (Y/N).

And they were kissing!

Race sprung into action, worried for his little sister - surely, Spot must have forced himself on her. Why else would she kiss him?

"Get youse hands off my sista'!" He yelled, pushing Spot off (Y/N) and knocking the short boy to the floor.

"Sista'?" Spot inquired, peeking his head around to (Y/N) as he got up. She bit her lip silently, but gave him a slight nod. Race was still glaring at Spot, waiting for him to make some type of strike back to him.

It never came, and Spot scurried off as Race dragged his sister back to the lodging house by the wrist, yelling the whole time.

___

"I would've told you.." (Y/N) confessed to Spot the next day.

The two were on the bridge again, and for the first time in two weeks. Race had found out about their fling, rather than Spot forcing a kiss on (Y/N), and was not happy whatsoever. He banned her from ever going to Brooklyn or seeing Spot again, but Jack would help her sneak out for the sake of love.

Spot wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. She nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck - something he wasn't used to from girls. (Y/N), unlike many others, was a shorter person such as him.

"It's aight. I can unda' stand why youse didn't tell me." He murmed to her, giving a full blown hug. (Y/N) smiled and gently pecked his cheek.

Even if Race doesn't approve, (Y/N) liked the king of brooklyn quite a bit. And that was the one thing she knew wouldn't ever change.