He asks you out

A/N:

uhh can i get uhhhhhhhhh

boneless depression?

____

Jack:

"Well if it ain't the smartest idiot in all'v'e Manhattan!" Jack exclaimed as you approached his 'penthouse'. You simply rolled your eyes and snickered to yourself.

You wouldn't ever admit it, but Jack was growing on you. Every time he came into view, you would perk up the slightest bit. Jack, himself, was growing on you as well, and in a rather romantic way.

"(Y/N), is youse even listenin?" Jack snapped, brining out of your thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, not really. What were you saying?" You said, embarrassed at dazing off.

"Jus' forget it.." He muttered, looking down.

"How about I don't and you just tell me what you were saying?" You retorted, taking him aback. He sighed, fiddling with his thumbs.

"Well, uh, I'es was thinkin.." He began, his face a light shade of pink.

"Thats new." You blurted out, shocking yourself. "Sorry - go on.."

Jack rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'es was wonderin' if youse would go on a date with me to Medda's!" He spouted, turning red. "I means, its okay if youse don't want to-"

You cut him off with laughter, making him look down in shame.

"I'm takin' dat's a no.." He muttered, upset.

"No, Jack!" You said between laughs. "It's a yes!"

Davey:

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?"

You turned your head to see none other than Davey Jacobs. You smiled to yourself and turned a light pink. You had started to grow fond for this boy, and it was hard not to feel like mush inside when you saw him.

"I'm just waiting for Sarah, we're going out to the animal exhibits at the park in an hour." You replied, pushing a strand of hair behind your ear.

Davey's face turned to one of confusion, then to one that looked like it belonged to somebody who was about to seize the day.

"(Y/N), Sarah went out with her boy." He said meekly, taking notice of your face dropping.

"That's a shame.." You mumbled, standing up. "Suppose I should get going, but it was lovely to see you."

"Wait!" Davey let out, turning bright red. "If you want, uh, I could take you to the exhibit.."

You smiled, turning a light shade of red yourself. You gently nodded.

"I think I'd like that."

Crutchie:

You walked down the street of Manhattan, basket on your arm. You were bringing some fruits over to your mother, who was sick in bed at home.

It wasn't long into the trek that a certain handicapped newsboy started walking alongside you, a playful smile on his face.

"Hello Crutchie," You started, blushing ever so slightly - god, even being around him made you blush! And to think you only met him two weeks ago.. "Sell all your papers yet?"

"Foist of all, it's papes." He replied, emphasizing the word 'papes'. "Second, nah. I'es just saw youse walking by and decided to drop by fo' a conversation."

You smiled, shifting your basket onto your other arm. "Glad that you've given me the honor of your presence, then." You said in a dramatic manner, then bowing over exaggeratedly. "What do you want to have a conversation about?" You asked, returning to your walking as he hobbled along.

"Well, I'es lied.." Crutchie confessed, turning a lovely shade of rose.

"About what?" You inquired, seemingly unfazed.

"I'es didn't jus' pull ya' ova' to have a conversation.." He muttered, rubbing the back of his neck with his free arm. "I'es was actually wondering if youse was free tomorra' evening - theyse sayin' there's gonna be a lovely sunset-"

You cut him off.

"I would love to go with you, if that's what you're asking."

Racetrack:

Like stated before, it happened when you met. He came to you after the race and offered to take you with some of the money he had won.

Spot:

"Something wrong, Conlon?" You asked, in regards to Spot staring at you from a few feet away.

The two of you were hanging out together on the Brooklyn bridge, looking at the running water below. The reflections of the stars on the river made for a beautiful view, and it was a relaxing moment.

You and Spot had become friends, more or less, since you two had been introduced. Sure, you noticed he acted different around you, but you assumed that it was because you were a girl or something of the matter.

"I'es, uh, I'es fine.." He murmured, his gaze fixated on the water below the two of you. You shrugged it off and went back to looking at the stars and the moon in the water.

"Whatever you say." You replied.

The two of you stood in silence for a good ten minutes until Spot finally spoke up, slightly starling you.

"I'es gots ta' ask ya somethin!" He blurted, unintentionally loud as he turned to you. "Er, sorry if I'es startled ya.."

You chuckled. "It's fine, what do you gotta ask me?" You inquired, not yet catching on to the fact he was red as a tomato.

"Will youse.." He paused, considering if he wanted to do this. If you said yes, he'd be happier than a kid on Christmas - but if you said no, he'd be down in the dumps for a good week or so afterwards.

He cleared his head, ready to ask.

"Will youse go on a date with me?"