‘Why do they love me? Two amazing yet two totally opposite beings. Both of them have given me their hearts through love. One I’ll have to break. And the other I can’t return my own heart to. I don’t deserve their love. And they don’t deserve a heartless monster like me...’

Lyra hadn’t realised how much time had passed or that tears had been streaming down her cheeks until there was a knock at the door. She quickly wiped her tears away.

Kanda spoke through the door. “Lyra, are you okay in there?”
“Yes. Yes, I’m fine. I'm just going into the shower now,” she answered.
“Okay.”

Lyra went and quickly turned the shower on to make her excuse sound more believable. She took a deep breath before going to the large sink area. Upon seeing the state of her makeup and how wild her hair looked thanks to the hairspray, she dead panned. Kanda didn’t make her feel like she was a mess at all. She was starting to get annoyed at how nice he was. By now she should really be head over heels for him. ‘Dammit, Kanda. Stop being so nice.’

She washed her face of all the makeup before combing the tangles out of her hair. It was quite difficult to take off the dress by herself but she eventually managed to do it. She hung it on one of the hangers in the bathroom and hooked it on the rail. She took the diamond earrings off, then the necklace Kanda gave her and finally the ring, placing them all on the vanity table.

Stepping into the rainforest shower, she let out a deep sigh as the water washed over her body. She blocked out all thoughts that were going into her mind. She had already done enough thinking. She didn’t want to think anymore. All she wanted was to enjoy that single moment. To relax her body and mind and escape all her worries even for just a short time.

Once she was done showering, she switched off the water and grabbed one of the luxury towels. She dried her body before towel drying her hair. It was a good opportunity to take advantage of the luxury robes but she opted for the fluffy one rather than the silk.

After wearing her ring and necklace again, she grabbed the earrings and left the bathroom. Returning into the room, she noticed the cleaners had already come and gone. Everything looked spotless again. Kanda greeted her with a smile just as a knock came at the door.

“Perfect timing,” he said before going to answer the door.

Room service had arrived. The man pushed in a trolley with an array of breakfast items and Lyra quickly found her stomach was rumbling. She didn’t realise how hungry she was. There was toast, poached eggs, fruits, a selection of juices and the choice of tea or coffee. After everything was set out onto the table in front of the couch, Kanda thanked the man and let him out before closing the door again.

Lyra took a seat on the coach. “Come and join me, Kanda,” she called, patting the space next to her.
“I’ll sit with you but I’m not going to eat anything,” he said as he sat down. However, Lyra's puppy eyed pout made him change his decision. “Okay. One slice of toast then,” he chuckled as he took one.
She smiled victoriously before grabbing herself one. “Good.”

As she took a bite, she relaxed a bit. Lifting her feet up onto the couch, she turned and leaned back against the arm of the couch so her body was facing towards Kanda. Her robe only just made it to her knees when she was standing. But now with her knees bent, the material rose up a little over her thighs. She hadn’t realised as she enjoyed the slice of toast like it was the best thing in the world. However, Kanda did noticed. He was shocked but didn’t want to say anything to embarrass her. He tried to hide the blush threatening to creep onto his cheeks and quickly looked away.

“Does your head still hurt?” he asked quickly to divert his mind.
“No,” she answered, shaking her head. “That was some pretty amazing medicine you gave me. I actually believe you’re a doctor now,” she joked.
He laughed. “I’m glad. Do you remember much of what happened last night?”
Lyra sighed. “The last thing I remember is talking to my friends at the bar.”
Kanda just gave a nod. “Okay.”
She looked at him, her brows furrowing with concern. “What happened? Did I do something when I was drunk?”
“No, no, no,” he dismissed with a chuckle and wave of his hand. However, Lyra gave him a look. “Yeah.”
Her expression instantly became filled with worry. “Oh no! Was it bad?” she asked, holding the sides of her head.
Kanda tried to answer very carefully. “It was bad. But not too bad. But kinda bad.”
Lyra felt like crying as she closed her eyes. “Just tell me the damage.”