Chapter Thirty

Marley

I select a movie and toss the controler into the end of the couch. I peer over my shoulder and Trent has his face screwed up.

"What did I do?" I sigh.

"I hate this film, plus you made me watch it with you last time."

"Did you enjoy any part of the night we spent together?" I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow.

"Of course I did." He wraps his arms around my waist and tugs me to his chest. "Deep down you know I enjoyed all the time I spent with you."

"I guess we could watch something else."

"Can you grab the remote then?"

I roll my eyes as I reach across the chair for the remote. He happily takes the remote and selects a movie with some action and a bit of romance, I guess you'd say a happy compromise.

We huddle under the blanket and I rest against his warm chest.

As the movie progresses, I get bored and wiggle around. Trent taps on my arm and I swivel around so that I'm facing him.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm bored," I grumble.

He pinches my chin between his fingers and moves my face closer to his.

"Is that so?" He chuckles, his warm breath fanning across my lips. His eyes bore into mine which erupts bubbles of excitement in the pit of my stomach.

"I want to kiss you," I whisper.

"I'm okay with that." He smiles.

I dip further under the covers, I can't believe I just said that.

His fingers trail to my cheek and he delicately strokes it. We subtly move closer until our lips are pressed together. Trent grips onto my face, almost like he's scared I'm going to disappear. He brushes his nose against mine and grins.

"I have a present for you."

"A present?" I gasp.

I sit back so that he can dash to his wardrobe. He returns with a bright red helmet.

"Having you at the end game would be amazing, so I bought this helmet for you. This way you'd be protected from anything."

"I'm not wearing that." I shake my head.

"For me?"

I raise an eyebrow and sigh.

"Fine, I guess I could."

He places the helmet on his desk, then joins me on the couch. I lean against the coach and wrap the warm blanket around me.

It's a small price to pay for his peace of mind, and considering everything that's happened, I suppose I can't complain about it.

Trent leans against my arm, so I rest my head against his.

For someone I have no memory of, I feel so comfortable around him.

* * * * *