one / church of los angeles

Start from the beginning

he laughed at them, very amused. one of the girls in the car stuck her head out the window and flashed her tits at him, sticking her tongue out. the car quickly sped off and he looked at the light to see it was still red. he was so flustered. nothing like that has ever happened to him. he just got flashed. nothing like that ever happens in korea. americans are crazy, and he really liked it. he loved it. the light turned green and he turned right, listening to what the gps on his iphone told him. "hey ya!" by outkast came on the radio and his smile radiated. he turned the music up as loud as it could go without blowing the speakers.

he rolled all of the windows down, and drove fast as he got onto the freeway. he sang along to the song like those crazy teens. though he wasn't a teen anymore, he felt like one and he liked that feeling a lot. he sped down the freeway, with no regard of anything but how he felt in that moment. he wanted to live life now. he wanted to live life on the edge, he never had before. once he got off the freeway, he turned down the 90s hits but still bopped. he took a few more turns until he got into a more family-friendly area of the large and diverse city.

he tapped his hand to the music on the outside of the car, since the window was rolled down. siri told him to turn left and his destination was on the right. he turned and sure enough on the right was an old church, it was huge. he pulled into the large parking lot, there was only two other cars here. he parked and turned the car off. he felt nervous for some reason. he never felt nervous while going to different worship places for other religions. so why does he feel nervous going to this one?

he came to the conclusion that it is in a place he is very unfamiliar with and has yet to get completely adapted. he took a deep breath and picked up his bible from the passenger seat. he got out of his old vehicle, and locked it manually. he had been thinking so much, that he totally forgot to roll up his windows. he took slow steps across the parking lot, preparing himself. he walked up the cracked concrete stairs and stood there, staring at the vintage doors. he nodded and finally just opened one of the doors.

immediately a strong floral scent mixed with the smell of old wood reached his nose. it kinda reminded him of how his grandma's house smelt, back in korea. a warm grin spread across his face, as he felt at home more so than before. he went in and closed the door behind him. the lobby of the church was decorated with many plants, in gold vases. skillfully painted pictures of jesus and mary hung on the walls, red floral and costly looking rugs littered the white marble floors. and what caught his eye the most, was right in the middle of all of it was a beautiful white foundation, with two angel sculptures hugging each other.

this place is so elegant. he hadn't expected it to be this nice. the outside looked like any other catholic church, put the inside was exquisite. he was in awe, as he observed all of the fixtures. he walked passed the fountain to see two large doors that were open to reveal the cathedral. a long red carpet ran down the middle. rich wooden and dark pews on each row, with a lit candle stand at the end of each one. the front of the church had a huge statue of jesus on the cross, with the nails in his hands, and the thorns on his head. lastly the walls were covered with stained glass windows, each one telling a different story from the bible.

he was utterly speechless and astonished. he just stood at the entryway looking at everything like it was going to be gone any second. he slowly walked in the church and he it felt surreal. he just stood there, not knowing what to do. he didn't even realize how entranced he was until a women's voice snapped him out of it.

"never been in a church?" a women asked, whose voice he had never heard before. taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and looked around for the voice. he finally spotted her and she was in the far right corner. she had her legs up on the back of the pew in front of her, and to his surprise, a cigarette between her pointer finger and middle finger.

"not a christian one. why are you here?" he asked out of curiosity, not understanding why such an edgy looking girl is in a place that would condemn that behavior. the girl put her legs down, and stood up, making her way to tae. he then realized what she was wearing and how beautiful she is. she wore was a very oversized t-shirt that was black and said metallica, it hung on her like a short dress, over that was a black leather jacket. she had black thigh-high socks, and all black super star adidas shoes on. a silver chain tightly around her neck with a lock on it, and a black choker on as well. lastly her hair was black and short, it hit about an inch under her jawline, and she had bangs.

the closer she got the more he could see her face. she had winged liner on and her mascara was running down her face, signaling to him that she had been crying. her eyes were very red, and very green. she looked very sad. he loved her style, and couldn't help but think how hot she is. she walked directly up to him and stared deeply into his eyes. it made him feel awkward. girls don't usually pay attention to him, they always go for his other friends.

"i'm here because i have nowhere else to go." she said and let out a sad chuckle at the end. that made him frown a little. she took a puff of her cigarette, and that's when taehyung realized it wasn't a cigarette, it was joint, and her eyes were red because she's stoned. he laughed a little and she smiled at him. "want some?" she asked, holding the blunt out to him. he just shook his head and said "no thanks."

"what's your name?" he asked, trying to sound confident. "manson." she said and rolled her eyes. "like charles manson?"  taehyung asked in confusion. "yes. my mom had a serial killer obsession. i like to say i was named after marilyn manson though." she shrugged, stating. taehyung had seen marilyn manson before online and he thought he was creepy. but the fact that this girl is into that, intrigued him to say the least.

"what's yours, pretty boy?" she asked, taking another puff of the joint. tae blushed at what she called him. he thought "she called me pretty."

"i'm taehyung, but just call me tae." he said with a sideways smile, she returned it. "that's cute, tae. so wanna get outta here?" she asked stepping closer to him. making his heart beat increase in speed.

"and go where?" he asked, "well i have nowhere to go so where ever you want" she said, getting even closer to him. "i guess we can go to mine then, if you want" he let out a breath nervously.

"ok, let's go then." she said before putting her hand on his shoulder for a brief second and walking out of the sanctuary. he stood there completely dumbfounded, not knowing how to react. once she reached the entrance he sped towards her. they both went out in silence. mostly because tae does not know how to handle situations like this.

"where is your car?" she asked stopping in her tracks. he pointed across the parking lot, "over ther-" he cut himself off when his car was in fact not there. panic hit him and he sprinted to the area his car was. he didn't understand. how? then it hit him, he hadn't rolled up his windows and someone could've easily broken it and hot-wired it. he let out a heavy sign.

"i'm just gonna call my friend to pick us up," he said speed dialing yoongi. it rang three times before he answered groggily. "hello, what the fuck do you want?" he spat.

"yoongi, my car was stolen"

well that's the first chapter. it pretty much sucks a lot but if you like it then cool

sorry if there are mistakes, i'm a human so i make a lot

k peace