Chapter Thirty Nine: The Sword Decides

Start from the beginning

"You think I don't know that!?" Kairi asked, and then they both fell silent. "I know that we're running on borrowed time, but I know what I'm doing! This morning, I went to Lilith, and she still refused to grant me my favor...and so I struck a deal with her. I would challenge her to a battle, and if I should win, she will join us. If I should lose, she won't do such a thing, and she, along with her Knights, will kick us out of here in quite the unpleasant fashion...those were the conditions she said she'd agree on..." she explained.

"Kairi...I know that you have great power, but are you sure you want to battle Lilith? She doesn't seem like the kind of person that holds back..." Ethan warned.

"Ethan's right, Kairi! She's dangerous!" Dawn said. But Kairi shook her head and remained firm!

"Then I'll just have to make sure that I don't hold back either!" Kairi said defiantly! "I won't budge, I won't let her make me give up! I will fight!" she declared! At this point, Ethan and Dawn knew they couldn't say anything to change Kairi's mind, so they simply nodded and got out of her way. They then got down from the arena, but stayed close to her.

"Just make sure to win, you hear?" Dawn asked with a smile.

"Yeah, give her a fight to remember!" Ethan replied with a nod of approval! Kairi smiled.

"I'll give it my all!" Kairi reassured! And so, Ethan and Dawn remained by her side, while everyone around them were murmuring about the battle to unfold! Soon, Kasai and Kaen made their way to Dawn and Ethan, and they stood with them. Kaen was as serious as ever, while Kasai seemed to be pumped up to see the battle begin already!

"So, is Kairi ready to take on Lilith!?" Kasai asked!

"Yes, she is ready! She's going to take Lilith down!" Dawn replied! Kaen shook his head slowly and gave out a soft sigh.

"Not so easy. Your friend, tested she will be..." the Ronso said. At that, Kasai's expression grew serious, and he looked at the two Keyblade Wielders and then looked at Kairi again.

"Yeah, not gonna lie to you there. Kairi's gonna get tested, and her limits will be strained...just thought you should know..." Kasai said. At that, Ethan and Dawn remained silent. A few seconds passed, and then Lilith finally came! Everyone then grew deadly silent as she made her way to the arena! The knights made way, and they all bowed to one knee out of deep respect for their leader! Lilith herself was sporting some impressive looking armor! It was a golden color, with white lines on the borders and on the armor itself, detailing all the articulative points! The white lines formed a pair of angelic wings at the center, which shined radiant silver! She had no helmet on, and her raven hair floated with the wind! Her eyes were iron cold, determined, defiant...a look that all her enemies feared! Kairi felt a slight tinge of fear for a moment, but she didin't let Lilith intimídate her! She stood her ground! Lilith then reached the arena, and then she drew a longsword from its sheath, and then she swung it in impressive, wide arcs and then lifted it up to the sky, and it shined brightly with the sun! She then lowered her sword, and she and Kairi stared each other down intensely! The crowd was deadly silent, and for a moment, even the wind stopped, as if the whole world had frozen in place!

"Damn...gotta appreciate how all the stillness makes you have goosebumps..." Kasai whispered.

"Your friend may be doomed..." Kaen said bluntly. Ethan and Dawn shook their heads, however, and disagreed!

"She won't give up...she's come too far...we've all come too far! She's going to resist!" Dawn said with hope in her voice!

"Well, we'll see about that!" Kasai mentioned.