Chapter Eighteen: A Skyward Battle

The Keyblade Wielders remained in shock for a few seconds, as they were still digesting what had just taken place! Right when Trish was about to get killed, Ethan came out of nowhere, and not only impaled Jexana, causing her to lose her arm, but he took out all the guards that were above decks! From the helm, he performed a giant leap, and landed in front of the Keyblade Wielders. Their faces still bore shocked expressions, but they were also relieved that Trish didn't die! Ethan looked at them all and nodded before disappearing then reappearing behind Trish, cradling her in his arms, and then disappearing then reappearing right where the Keyblade Wielders were!

"I'll be back." he said, and in an instant, he dissappeared again, along with Trish, and in a few seconds, he came back, but this time, was alone! Before anyone could ask, he glanced at everyone and nodded.

"She'll live. Sora, Donald, Goofy and Xion will see to that." he said, and everyone immediately felt relieved! Kairi in particular was immensely glad to hear the news! Ethan then walked towards Jexana, who was whimpering as she covered up her wound, hissing and cursing under her breath. He pointed his Keyblade at her, forcing her to stand up. Her blood dripped down to the floor as she rose, and she had quite the dissatisfied look on her face!

"Of all the times, now you choose to appear...insolent pest!" Jexana said under gritted teeth. Ethan slightly pressed the tip of his Keyblade on Jexana's neck, making her flinch slightly.

"My family was in danger...and when my family is in danger....you can bet I'll be around." he said. At that, Jexana chuckled and shook her head.

"You are an ignorant fool! Don't you realize that even though you've managed to wound me, your efforts are for nothing!? I have an entire fleet with its eyes now centered on you! I do think you'll find it hard to hold off an entire fleet, don't you think so? Hmph, I may have suffered great damage...but it won't compare to the fatal damage you'll all get!" Jexana said as she smirked, and with a snap of her fingers, Ventus immediately appeared! He was grim and silent, and the Keyblade Wielders looked at him in shock! Vanitas in particular felt a pain in his heart...the pain of his failure to bring him and Trish back! Ethan, on the other hand, didn't seem to be shocked by this. Rather, he looked at Ven with eyes of understanding. Not long ago, he, too, had let darkness influence him, so he could understand perfectly what Ven was going through right now. Nevertheless, if Ven was going to be an obstacle, Ethan wouldn't hesistate to get him out of the way if it was necessary. He gripped his Keyblade and prepared for battle!

"Look at what that insolent pest did to me!" she said as she showed him her wound. Ventus immediately clenched his fists, and he glared at Ethan with an icy cold glare that could be felt by everyone!

"You shall pay for what you have done to my Jexana..." Ventus said, summoning his Keyblade.

"That's right, destroy him, my love, and then destroy everyone else!" Jexana demanded, and Ventus nodded. The other Keyblade Wielders were worried and disheartened, for they didn't want to have to fight one of their own! At that, Ethan stretched out his arm and glanced back at them. He gave a nod and then looked at Ventus.

"I'll handle him...all of you, focus on getting out of here! If all of you stay here, you'll get picked off by Jexana's fleet in no time!" he explained. The others tried to protest, but Ethan wouldn't let them. Ven was already about to strike!

"Go, go!" he shouted, as his Keyblade clashed with Ven's, and their battle began! Mickey, who had recovered from his unconsciousness, was confused as what was happening at the moment, but after a quick explanation from Riku, he got a firm grasp of the situation at hand! He then saw Ethan fighting Ven, and then he snapped out of himself and then pointed below decks!