"M-Michael?" Calum stuttered out, mouth agape. The guy, Michael, visibly panicked and muttered something about having to leave and rushed past Calum, like a frightened dog with his tail between his legs. That was the strangest thing I had witnessed all day. He even forgot to buy the Sleeping with Sirens CD he wanted.

I planned on running out of here once Calum came back to go see Ashton, but I spoke up before Calum could tell me to leave.

"You two know each other?" I kept it casual, since I had no idea what I was getting into.

"Yeah." Calum pursed his lips, staring down at his shoes.

"How do you guys know each other?" Calum shook his head, brushing me off.

"It doesn't matter, Luke." I sighed. He wasn't going to budge, so I'll just have to try to get him to say something when I see him tomorrow. Hopefully he'll speak then, because I was way too curious about what I just witnessed to let it go. I decided to ignore the fact that I was being a bit nosy.

I nodded to Calum and we exchanged goodbyes, and once I got out the door I began to feel giddy inside. This was my favorite part of the day-seeing Ashton.

I had found a short cut to get to the library just because I went there to see him so much. I had to cut straight through two streets and take a turn until I was standing in front of the white, large building.

I had also gotten used to having to find Ashton amongst the books, since he usually wasn't at the front desk, like the very first time I came here to see him.

This time, I spotted Ashton in the historical fiction section, who was sorting and putting away the recently returned books back where they belong. I never understood how to put library books in the right place; does it go by the author's last name? First name? Middle name? My head is starting to hurt.

"Hey, Ashton!" The said boy hesitantly lifted his head up from where he was kneeling on the ground to get to the lower shelves, a hand on his cheek.

"Hi." He mumbled quietly once I got closer to him. Ashton seemed to always talk in a "library voice level" and I found it adorable.

"How are you? Oh my god I can't believe I actually finished The Fault in Our Stars I've never finished a whole book before and the ending was so sad wh-are you okay?" I noticed even more of a lack of responses from Ashton, and he was still cradling his cheek.

"M'fine, just tired is all." I eyed him suspiciously. He wasn't very convincing.

"Did you hurt your cheek?" Ashton's eyes flashed with a mixture of fear and pain and he was about to turn around to make a run for it, which caught me off guard.

"Hey, wait!" I grabbed Ashton's wrist to get him to stay, but I immediately let go when he cried out in pain.

Shit.

The thoughts I was having made me feel sick to my stomach. I willed the flashbacks of Ashton about to jump and take away his life to the back of my mind, I had been thinking back to it too much. It had been bouncing around in my head, the thought tortured me to death because I had grown to love the shorter boy.

I felt so stupid at this moment. How could I miss all the signs? For fucks sake, it's not like I didn't know he felt so low about himself that he'd almost go through with suicide. The look of fear on Ashton's face confirmed that he knew. He knew what I was thinking, and he was scared. He probably thinks that I'd hate him for hating himself, that it's disgusting that he feels the need to hurt himself. I was prepared to tell him that he was wrong. I would never hate him for any of this.

--------

Ashton's POV (idk this next part would be better in his POV oops)

I backed away from Luke, a hand still on my cheek and my stinging arm against my chest. He knew too much, I was beginning to let him in. Once you get too close to someone, they'll leave you and take a piece of your heart with them. I was scared. I was already broken, my heart was shattered, how could I let someone else, someone like Luke, hurt me too?

"Ashton, please don't leave. I'm sorry I hurt you." He seemed so genuine, I wanted to believe him, but I knew it was all lies. Everything in my life had become lies and I couldn't take it anymore, but Luke got in the way of me going home. Once I get him out of the way, I'll be free.

I shook my head at him, almost hard enough for me to snap my neck. Although, miracles don't exist so my neck was perfectly fine.

I tried so hard to be emotionless, emotions show that you're weak. I couldn't help it when a few tears slipped past my eyes. Drip, drip, drip. Like my blood in the sink.

"Please, Ashton. We're causing a scene." He spoke in a hushed tone. I glanced around and saw a few people looking at us in curiosity. Fuck.

Hating the looks we were getting, I slowly walked towards Luke, deeper into the row of books until the few people here couldn't see us.

Luke looked at me in concern. I avoided his gaze. He pitied me and I hated it. I didn't need his pity or his help. I flinched when I felt his hand on top of mine on my cheek. He quickly removed his hand, muttering "sorry" and biting his lip.

To break the sudden awkward silence, I let my hand slip from my cheek, so that Luke would stop asking questions as to what was wrong with me. I felt exposed and kept my eyes downward, and I shuffled around nervously as Luke let out a gasp.

He reached a hand up and trailed his fingers gently over my cheek and part of my jaw, his eyes meeting the purple and blue skin. A bruise. One of the many marks left on me to show how worthless I am. Except I didn't cause this one.

"Who did this to you?" Luke whispered softly, eyes boring into mine. I felt a small blush form on my cheeks as I nervously shrugged my shoulders. What was I supposed to say? No one? Should I lie? He didn't need to know the truth.

Luke sighed and kept his hand on my cheek. "I don't want them to hurt you again, Ashton. Please tell me who it is." I felt myself begin to shatter, Luke's voice was persuasive and telling the truth was now the only option. It wouldn't hurt if Luke knew, right?

"M-my uncle did it."

-----------------------------------------
I have such slow updates why do I take so long to write???

Oh and y'know what's awkward is that I'm pretty sure one of my friends ships cake like she always freaks out over it and I'm just like um... Lashton forEVER BITCH BYE ~Hannah

PS: Kellin Quinn is really pretty ✨