Chapter 5; Of Mice and Men

A/N: SOOOO this is a pretty long chapter. 

Hi Borah and Thea. 

Just... you know. Saying hi. :> 

Otherwise, enjoy this chapter! I think you'll like it. Some Zayn & Aiden, Harry & Mouse. Mhmm. FLUFF.

Cheesy stuff, but... yeah. I like chesse. 

--Bianca x

Zayn's POV

I couldn’t help but smile at what she was wearing. Her eyes still shone this time at night, and I could see her face without the simple makeup she was wearing a while ago. A rare beauty, she was. 

“So where were we?” She asked, before looking over at the plates of stakes what were untouched. “Why haven’t you eaten yet?” she asked me. 

“I-- just thought that it would be better to eat with you.” I say. What was I thinking? I’m really being obvious now. I was supposed to be cold. Tough. Not... this. “I mean--  Cause it would be rude to eat without you, I guess.” I say, biting my lip, trying to sound cold, breaking my gaze with her green eyes to stare at anything else in sight, hoping she didn’t get the wrong idea. 

Aiden’s POV

Oh, sweet-- I swear if he bites his lip one more time, I’m going to discontinue doing this project with him. I can’t concentrate. This was harder than I thought. 

You know what, forget it. Come on, Aiden. Pull yourself together. He shoved you against a wall, remember? Right? Right. He’s a jerk. 

But then again, I shouldn’t judge. 

Ugh, just eat the steak and do your project, Aiden. 

...Did I just argue with myself in my head? Most probably. 

So there I was, sitting across him, eating my steak, but not in peace. It was hard not to look at Zayn. Yesterday, he was being such an ass to me, but today, he seemed like a completely different person. He looks so innocent. Like a puppy. 

He just sat there, quiet, looking guilty, eating his steak silently. He’d glance up and the corners would seem to turn up so slightly once a while, or maybe I was just imagining things. 

My thoughts were going in circles, trying to figure out this guy. 

We finished dinner quite awkwardly, having nothing in specific to say. I bring my plate to the sink, and he does the same. 

“Thanks,” I manage to say before turning around to the terrace, tossing him a notebook with a pen attached to it. He managed to catch it right before it touched the floor, making me smirk. I slid open the door, gesturing him to go out into the terrace first. 

We sat across each other again, but we just sat there. In silence. He avoided my gaze, I avoided his. 

Get it together, Aiden! You need those grades. 

“Look, I know we don’t like each other, but we need to work on this project if we want a good grade.” I say, staring at him, waiting for him make contact with my eyes. 

After a few moments of him looking around, trying to avoid his gaze, he finally faces me. 

“Fine, fine. Let’s get this over with.” he says so coldly as he rubs his forehead, before letting his arm fall by the armrest, staring at me with bloodshot eyes, letting his jaw hang half open.