Weakling

"You're the oldest so I need you to be strong and take care of your brother, okay? Don't cry sweetheart, smile. A bright smile like yours can light even the darkest of days, so never stop."
"Yes. I won't cry anymore... I'll smile instead."
"That's my girl. Always be strong and remember, I love you."
"I love you too, Mom."

******

You were unable to move. The shock of seeing your long lost brother had you trapped in the rain. You wanted so badly to say anything to him but your mind couldn't decide on just one thing.

'Where have you been? How have you been? Why did you leave me? Have you been eating? I'm glad you're safe. Please come home.'

It was fine though, since your throat seemed to forget how to form words. You just stood there, perfectly still with your mouth hanging open, not knowing what to do next.

"I knew team skull was full of idiots, but for them to recruit such a weakling like you, they must be real morons!" Your brother held his head as he laughed. "Though I have to say, I didn't expect my weak older sister to join team skull. Though I guess it's perfect... The weak always gather in groups to make themselves feel stronger!" Your brother gave you a serious look as the words left his mouth.

"W-well I'm not actually apart of Team Skull. It's more like...I was kidnapped." You smiled sheepishly as you scratched your head.

"KIDNAPPED!?" Your brother repeated. "That's rich! And idiot like you getting kidnapped by a gang of idiots!" Your brother smacked his forehead and laughed. "What did they kindly ask you to follow them? Or did they lure you in with promises of candy or something!?" Hunched over hugging his stomach, he continued to laugh hysterically.

"N-no. More like I beat their leader and promised to stop them so they locked me away..." You stared at the ground as you spoke.

"Hold on... You beat their boss?"
You nodded your answer.
"I heard the leader of this team was strong, but if a weakling like you can beat them, I'm just wasting my time! Damnit no wonder those grunts were so easy to beat... There's no point in fighting trash. I need to find strong opponents!"

"Guzma isn't trash! He's strong!" Without realizing it you started to defend Guzma. "He's not weak at all..." Placing a hand on your chest and closing your eyes, you think about Guzma's sad past.

'Guzma's had it rough, but he continues to move forward... unlike me who's stuck in the past.'

"What would you know about being strong?"
The venom in your brothers words sent a shiver down your spine and your eyes snapped open.
"Someone like you has no right to talk about being strong. Your just like mom. Weak!"

"N-no mom wasn't..." you felt tears well up as you tried to speak.

"I'll become the strongest trainer ever. Then I'll return to our home and become the champion! Something mom couldn't accomplish. That's why I need to find strong opponents..." Your brother turned his back to you and started walking off.

"Wait!" You dashed forward and grabbed his shoulder. He turned his head slightly to glance at you. A sad but bright smile displayed on your lips.
"Please don't leave me again, (B/n). Come back home and we can start over."

Your brother's face scrunched up in disgust and anger. He harshly slapped your hand away and turned to face you.
"I see you haven't changed at all dear sister. Always smiling like an idiot... I'll never return to that house with you!"

Feeling your heart being stabbed by his words, you fell to the muddy ground. A loud pop rang in your ears as you began to feel helplessly lost and alone. Suddenly your Arcanine was standing next to you. He rubbed his nose against your cheek to get your attention.
"Arcanine?" You whispered.
He whined and gave your cheek a lick, to comfort you.

"What's that? You actually kept that weak Growlithe?" Your brother suddenly spoke. Arcanine turned his attention towards your brother and started growling. "Trying to scare me?"

"What the hell is going on here!? What's this I'm hearing about some numbskull beating all my grunts!?"

You'd know that loud voice anywhere.

Guzma had returned...