The Next Morning

When I woke up everyone was sleeping except Jax. I lay back down for a few minutes trying to go back to sleep but it's no help. I can't. I sit up from the floor, and I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Good morning SunShine."

Hmm I guess I has a nickname now.

"Hey, Jax." I respond?.

"You know, I still don't quite know your name." Jax says to me.

"Shh, be quiet you'll wake my family up." We walk into the kitchen.

"My names Mia, anything else you want to know?" I answer him.

"How old are you?"

"17. You?" I respond.

"23." He runs his hands through his hair. "I think your a badass."

"Thanks."

Through the corner of my eye I see some movement, my little brother woke up. I walk over to him and bring him in the kitchen.

"I'm hungry Sissy, can you make me something to eat?"

"Yes, sweetie what do you want, we don't have much."

"Anything I don't care."

"Alright."

I look through the cabinets and find some unopened peanut butter and graham crackers. I open the peanut butter and put some between two graham crackers. I put a whole plateful of them on a plate.

"Here sweetie, I'll get you some of our water."

"Thank you."

I kiss him on his forehead. I look over at Jax. To me he kinda favors Paul Walker. Perfect Blue eyes, blondish hair, the abs, muscles, everything. My dad and mom walk into the kitchen. We all eat some PB and graham crackers for breakfast this morning.

"Hey Mia."

"Yeah?"

"I think we should teach Joe how to use a gun. Can you come with us after lunch?"

"Yea I think that's a great idea Dad! does that sound good to you Joe?"

"Yea!" He sounds really excited.