The Next Day

Day:2

I woke up from sleeping. I must have taken a nap. Its quiet. Too Quiet. I look around the only person missing is my friend, Debbie. Everyone else was sleeping except for me and my dad. "Where's Debbie?" I ask. "Dunno the last time I seen her was about an hour ago." Dad said.

"Did you see where she went?"

"Nope."

My dad seemed like something was bothering him. I don't want to bug him so I didn't ask him about it. You don't want to get on his bad side. It ain't pretty.

"I'm going out back, to see if she went outside." I said.

"I'm coming with."

"You don't have to Dad, you look tired."

"Aren't we all?"

I say nothing. Of course we all are tired.

I grab my '357 magnum and my hatchet. My dad grabs his pocket knife and a big hook ax and his shotgun. I slowly open the back door of the gas station. 'Criiicccckk' "Damn squeaky door", I whisper under my breath.

I see one walker in the distance. About 20 feet away. It Didn't hear us.yet.

"There's Debbie" Dad says pointing to the right. Shes about 250 feet away. She's walking over to the log cabins. (There's a bunch of log cabins behind the gas station.)

I slowly walk and call her name softly. "Debbie, Debbie"

She turns around but keeps walking. "Debbie, what in the hell do you think your doing out here all by yourself." She turns around, A walker that was laying on the ground suddenly gets up and grabs her leg. Trying to take a bite out of her ankle. "Shit!" I say. I start running to help her but another walker appears from behind the cabins starts running full blast at her! Still running after her, I see her as she struggles to get free and trips. Of all things she trips. More walkers appear. About 50 of them appear from the Woods behind the cabins. "Oh Shit!"

To Be Continued....