Chapter 29: The Truth - Part 1

Începe de la început

"Well then," Chase said with a smirk on his face as he looked back and forth at Hannah and I. "We're going to need a foolproof plan when that happens, don't we?"

Hannah and I looked at each other before I narrowed my eyes on Chase. "What do you mean?"

He chuckled. "Planning seems the way to go, don't it?"

Hannah laughed after Chase spoke those words, looking at me with a gleam in her eyes as she looked at me. "Some boyfriend you got there, Ams."

I blushed profusely as Chase laughed beside me. "So I'm your boyfriend now, huh?" He looked at me with mirth, but I can still see the nervousness in his eyes, despite the grin he's throwing my way.

I just stared at him in the eye before looking back at Hannah, who's smirk is now slowly returning to his face. Stop it, Hannah. My gosh, what is Chase thinking right now? "He's not my boyfriend, Hannah. Shut up. " I mumbled quietly, earning a laugh from Hannah and Chase.

By the time class ended, Aiden, Austin and I directly went to my new house, telling Zyljan to meet us there. He was quick to respond with a yes to our invitation, obviously bored at the office, considering Dad just told him that he should spend most of his free time learning about the business and how to nurture it with practically his eyes closed. Aiden and I were told of this too, but seeing as the both of us are still in high school and we still have other things to worry about aside from the business we're going to handle soon, Dad doesn't really force us to keep going there. Mom on the other hand, is a completely different story. She's adamant on making us spend all the free time we have in the office so we can learn all the things that we can. 

We invited the others to come here to the house too, of course, but they seem to be busy quite a lot these days. The last time we got to spend time with each other, it was when we got drunk off our asses, which is yesterday, resulting in Ian being the drunkest one out of all of us once again. I'm surprised he still doesn't have cancer by the amount of liquor he's consuming every chance he gets.

"You can take off your disguise, you know. No one is here anyway." I said as I took a seat at the couch and threw the house key on the coffee table in front of me. They looked at each before shrugging and taking off their disguises.

We sat down on the couch and watched some movies after we prepared and got some food for ourselves. Aiden managed to find some brownies inside the fridge and is refusing to give us some, Zyljan and Austin giving him a pout.

Those are really good brownies.

"Aiden, give us some brownies." I whined, earning a laugh from him.

"On one condition." He replied with a smirk. Aiden saying those words never mean well. It always ends up being absolutely bad or worse even.

Zyljan and Austin looked at me with pleading eyes, making me sigh on place and look at Aiden warily. "What?"

Aiden chuckled. "I just need you to tell me one thing."

I rose an eyebrow. "Which is?"

"When did you realize your feelings for Chase?" He asked, and I could see him holding in a grimace.

I held in my laughter, but Zyljan and Austin's dumbfounded expression made any mirth to disappear and replace it with embarrassment.

"Aiden!" I said, my cheeks flaming.

"You like Chase?" Zyljan asked and I'm pretty sure my cheeks are redder now. God Aiden, out of all the things that you could ask me, why that?

"Well, uh. . ." I stuttered as they looked at me in anticipation. "Oh God, this is so embarrassing."

"Well?" Austin asked.

Cheeks flaming, I said, "When you knew that I lied about Xander and Megan."

Their jaws dropped. "When you came home with Chase?" Aiden asked and I nodded my head meekly.

God, why did they have to pry so much?

Zyljan was about to say something, when the front door opened, surprising all of us. There stood Hannah, Drake, Stacy, and Sophie, looking at us in astonishment.

"Um, Amber?" I looked at Hannah, shock clearly evident on my face. "Why are the sons of James and Eliza Lee and their cousin here?"

"Do you know each other?" Stacy asked.

"And why is there a bunch of auburn hair peeking in your blonde hair?" Sophie asked.

I gulped. I am now seriously in deep shit.

---

Meh, not my best. I think this is the crappiest chapter I have ever written. And I'm sorry it's just so short. I'm running dry on what I'm going to write during the next couple of chapters. Of course, I know what will happen, but I just don't know how to write it. Does it make sense or...?

Anyway, just like any other book in the world, this book is closely coming to an end. There's only like, six chapters left. Oh my gosh, my ever first about to be completed book.

So yeah, thank you guys for sticking by me and actually reading my book. Oh gosh, it's still all so surreal.

Anyways, I'll just stop here. I'm already making a long rant.

Lots of love,

Lu xx